"I'll most likely be back later this week with the bullet's analysis." Pulling at the cardigan she was wearing and picking up her bag, Cacy turned her back to me and started for the door. I couldn't let her leave like that, though.

"Ms Lindon?" She turned to face me, impatiently tapping her foot on the floor. "Quit the attitude, please. Your feigned superiority will do none of us no good." Forcing a smile, Cacy visibly took a deep breath.

"I'll be back, judge." Opening the door, she stepped out of my office before giving me the chance to say anything else.

$$$

By 7:30 p.m I was home getting ready for a date I wasn't so sure I wanted to go on. I mean, of course, this could've been my chance of getting some answers to all my questions and to get to know the mysterious man that was Gabriel Shaffer better, but then, I was also quite sure that once he laid his hands on me, there wasn't going to be any talking going on. Damn it! I also knew too damn well that it was too late to back down now.

With the dress on, my hair falling in perfect red curls over my shoulders and my shoes waiting for me at the door, I went to the bathroom to add the final touches that would complete my outfit. Checking my black, buttoned peplum, high slit dress again, I decided to go for some smokey eyes and burgundy lips and started applying the make up that was sure to blow Gabriel's mind -and that was perfect. If I wanted my answers, blowing his mind was exactly what I had to do to get them.

Just as I finished applying the eye shadow, a knock at my door had me dropping the lipstick I was currently holding and go to open up. My friend smiled at me from the doorway, her eyes widening a fraction at the sight of me and I couldn't help but give her a forceful smile myself.

"All this for a night out with the girls? Jules, sweety, I might turn gay." A laugh escaped my lips as I stepped aside so that Lila could step inside the apartment. The truth was that I'd completly forgotten about the girls night out and now I had to think of something to say to her that wouldn't make her go balistic on me. Oh, who the fuck am I kidding? She was going to go balistic no matter what.

"Actually..." I said, without getting the chance to say anything else though, two knocks at my door interrupting me -yet again. Getting cut off all the time was really starting to get boring. Glancing at the clock on the wall, I noticed it was eight sharp. The punctual son of a bastard...

"Expecting company?" Lila asked, one of her brows sarcastically raised, her eyes fixing the door. When I failed to answer, she turned her head to look at me, her eyes narrowed on my face, her brows knitted. "Please don't tell me it's him..." She knew too damn well it was him, so why would have I lied to her?

"I'm sorry. He asked me on a date and I didn't really have a choice." And I wasn't even lying. He hadn't asked me if I wanted to go out with him. He'd told me that he'd pick me up for a date, end of.

"What did I tell you about a low profile, Jules? Do you have any idea what you're getting yourself into here?" Yes, I happened to have an idea actually.

"Look. I'm really sorry, but I promise that starting tomorrow, I'm all yours." Are you really? My conscience asked, being her sweet, sweet self. I simply chose to ignore the fucking bitch.

"Unless he calls you and asks you out again, of course." Lila said, her judgemental tone representing the carbon copy of my conscience's.

Ignoring the huffs, puffs and general displeasure coming from my best friend, I went to the bathroom and picked up the lipstick again, applying a thin layer of it onto my lips. I didn't exactly have the time to argue at that moment. Passing through the living room again, I stopped next to Lila for a brief moment and opened my arms to hug her. She didn't even budge.