Chapter 7

I woke up the next morning at 6:00. I wasn't really a morning person but I wanted to surf. I sat up and looked at my room, that was COVERED in pictures of 14 year old me. 

Incase you're wondering how bad a picture of 14 year old Kelsea is, I was "emo" or whatever. I had half my head shaved, unreasonable amounts of eyeliner on, and black lipstick. It was bad.

"Shemar Moore i'm going to kick your ass."  I mumbled and tore some of the photos down. I put on my wetsuit and went to Shemar's room. I took an air horn I had brought to Bali with me for cases like this and held it close to him. I pressed it and he jumped.

"Was that really necessary?!" He asked, burying his head into the pillow. "It is 6. You said surfing at 6. This is me being nice considering the surprise you left me to wake up to." I said. He grabbed me and pulled me into bed, then laid himself on top of me. 

"Get off me you big sack of muscles." I struggled underneath his weight. "No, you might beat me up." He said. 

"Are you 35 or 3??" I asked. "You have to promise not to beat me up." He said. I sighed. "Fine. I promise." I said. He got off me and went into the bathroom to change into his wetsuit.

I looked out at the ocean and smiled. "Ready?" I asked Shemar. He smiled at me. "Ready"

We ran into the clear water and paddled out towards the bigger waves. I spotted one forming that I deemed surf-able. "This ones mine" I said, paddling towards it. I caught it and rode a good distance.

There were no words to describe the euphoria that I felt. When I'm  a celebrity, the things I do, the long hours, drama, that all gets washed away when I'm in the water. It's like my personal safe haven. I could surf for hours.

I looked behind me, Shemar had caught the wave, too. He smiled at me, and I smiled back. 

We walked back to the house after a couple hours of riding. I went up to my room and showered. I threw on some ripped shorts and a tee and let my damp hair air dry. It was now about 10 ish so I walked downstairs with my little messenger bag and grabbed my toms from the door, putting them on. 

I walked into the kitchen and over to the blender to make a smoothie.

"How were the waves?" Thomas asked from the breakfast bar. "Unbelievable" I said, throwing a banana into the blender. 

Matthew walked in and kissed my cheek "We're going on a date tonight." He whispered. "Oh, really" I smiled. "Yup" He kissed my cheek again and sat next to Thomas. I finished up making a smoothie and turned around.

"I have a couple errands to run if anyone wants to go with me" I announced. "I'll go" Matthew said. I smiled. "Great"

I climbed into the drivers side of the van and Gube got in the passengers. "Where are we going?" He asked. I smiled. "I got a few places in mind."

We pulled up to the Bali equivalent of Walmart and got out.

"Okay, we need these.." I grabbed like 200 solo cups.

I also grabbed other food I felt I needed and then walked back to the printing/electronics area. I walked up to one of the computers and plugged in my flash drive.

"What are you doing...." Gube asked. I smirked and printed about 50 copies.

We walked out of the store after paying and I drove to the busier part of town.

I pulled out my phone and clicked on snap chat (lets just pretend they have snap chat in 2005). "Hellooooooo" I said into my phone. "My good friend Shemar felt he should prank me this morning, so I'm returning the favor" I held up the papers then added the video to my story.

I pulled up to a busy corner and stapled one of the papers to the pole. 

It read:

CHEWBACCA ROAR CONTEST!

CALL 1 568 2847 WITH YOUR BEST IMPERSONATION

WINNER WILL BE CALLED BACK ON SEPTEMBER 12, 2005

REWARD IS 100$

Matthew shook his head as I got back into the car. We drove all over Bali hanging up the flyers until we were out. "One more errand" I said.

We pulled up to a tattoo parlor. "I'm getting my first tattoo" I said. We walked in and I showed the guy what I wanted. On my left arm just below where my arm folded I was getting a compass tattooed.He tattooed it on me and I fell in love. "One more" I said. I had birds tattooed on my collar bone (like the tattoo from divergent) 

"It looks great" Matthew smiled. We drove back to the condo. We walked in and Shemar was yelling into the phone. "Why are you screaming at me?!?!" Matthew and I did our best to keep a straight face. "What? What Chewbacca contest?" He asked. His eyes narrowed and he looked over at me. I made a beeline for my room and locked the door.

"This isn't over" He called. I let out a laugh and plopped onto the bed.

I woke up to the sound of banging on my door. "KELSEA GALLAGHER YOU HAVE ONE HOUR UNTIL YOUR DATE LET. US. IN." Kirsten yelled.

"shit" I said under my breath and opened the door. 

The girls ran in. Kirsten was in charge of hair, Paget on makeup and A.J. on wardrobe. "I hope you know Shemar is in the middle of getting a new phone number." Kirsten laughed as she put my hair up in a cute messy bun. 

"Will someone please tell me where Matthew is taking me" I said. "Nope" A.J. said as she made me change into a black long sleeved-ish flowy black dress that stopped mid-thigh and had a piece cut out of it in the stomach. I decided to pair it with white converse and a black floppy hat. (all outfits on whitnijohns.polyvore.com) 

A.J. had me put on a couple of long necklaces and some bracelets and rings. Paget did red lips. "When did you get a tattoo?!" A.J. asked. "TWO" Kirsten said, examining the birds on my collar bone. "Today. You like them?" I asked. "They're freaking cool" Paget said.

"Okay, you, my beautiful, are ready" Kirsten said. They led me downstairs to where Matthew was waiting. He smiled when he saw me. "You look beautiful" He whispered as he kissed my cheek. "Ready?" He asked.

"I'd be more ready if I knew where we were going" I said as I followed him out the door.