Chapter 32: We Deserve a Soft Epilogue

Sheena's POV

Everything was going fine. The smile on Gwen's face was starting to be a constant, lalo na noong pinakita ko sa kanya si Nael wearing a pink bowtie. She really wanna dress our boy with girlie stuff. She wanted me to go home so I could take care of him, but I was here to take care of her. Halos two weeks na sa ICU si Gwen. The symptoms were still showing but it was going fine. 

Until today.

Today, I, with extra excitement in my body, repeatedly pushed the elevator button. Pinunasan ko ang pulso ko na may bagong tattoo. I got it yesterday. Nagpasama pa ako kay Aiah at Mikha para rito. I was excited to show Gwen because I knew she would love it. 

All the excitement was replaced with anxiety when I saw Tita and Tito standing outside Gwen's room, with Tita's hand placed on her forehead while Tito's looking down. Anong nangyayari?

"Tita ..." I softly called. Agad siyang humarap, bakas ang mga luha sa mukha niya. She engulfed me with a hug as I stood there, without any expression. 

"Gwen collapsed again after experiencing severe stomach ache. Hindi ko alam kung anong nangyayari, Sheena. She ... she suddenly closed her eyes, her mouth .. it... i don't know what's happening."

I forced to swallow and sat on the floor. "They had to slip her into a medically induced coma para hindi lumala ang nararamdaman niya." tita explained.

Coma? I furrowed my eyebrows, not letting my tears fall as I maintained my breathing. "She's ... she's not gonna wake up?" Tumingin ako kay tito and he nodded.

"Not until her pain stops." he replied.

Agad akong tumayo at kinausap ang doktor ni Gwen. "Doc. How ... how is she?" 

"Her CT just showed a progression. We had to put her into a coma para hindi lumala." he said. I blinked rapidly as the first tear escaped from my eye. 

I was about to answer when Colet tapped my shoulder. Behind her were our other best friends looking worriedly at me. "Wake her up, please. I can ... I can give you a position here. My parents own this hospital. We can do something about it."