Chapter 29: Gwen's Own Volmant

Sheena's POV

Dahan dahan akong pumasok papunta sa kwarto ni Gwen. She was wearing a pair of patient's sweats while intently reading a copy of Dangerous Liaisons. After rushing her to the hospital, she immediately went okay but her doctor said, we should put her in the ICU for the next few days. She needs to take the operation, walang ibang choice, kahit pa sinabi nilang hindi kakayanin ng katawan niya. 

"Hey," I greeted her and sat beside her. 

Binaba niya ang libro at hinalikan ako sa pisngi. A smile crept upon my lips. "Runner ka na pala ni Mommy ngayon eh." she teased. 

I received a message from Tita awhile ago, asking if I could do her a favor of buying groceries and stuff for Gweneth. So I did. I went to the largest grocery store, inabot pa siguro ako ng dalawang oras bago mahanap ang mga kailangan ni Gwen. Naligaw pa ako sa ibang sections but I wasn't in the mood to ask the staffs kaya ako nalang ang kusang naghanap. I messaged my friends earlier asking if they can accompany me but they were busy with their work. Blessing in disguise because they probably laughed at me kung nakita lang nila ang hitsura ko kanina. 

"Whatever," I dismissed her and saw her sticking her tongue out. I shook my head and tucked a few strands of her hair behind her ear. "How are you today, love?"

"The letters are jumbled ... again. Nahihilo ako parati at maya't mayang sumasakit ang tummy ko." she looked up to me, her lips slightly pouted. It was a sight I never want to see. 

Inakbay ko ang braso ko sa balikat niya at umusog. "Did you take your meds already?" I asked. 

She tangled her legs with mine and placed the book on my lap. She nodded. Her fingers found their way through mine, our matchy bracelet that she gave during my graduation touched. "You're stopping your life for me." mahinang sambit niya. 

I leaned closer to her head, inhaling the lavender scent while kissing her hair. "You are my life."

She looked at me and went closer. She really is my life. 

"Are you sleepy?" I asked. 

"No," she croaked out. My hands reached out to the book on my lap and opened it. I started reading. "Now, I'm not going to deny that I was aware of your beauty. But the point is, this has nothing to do with your beauty. As I got to know you, I began to realize that beauty was the least of your qualities. I became fascinated by your goodness. I was drown in by it..."