Chapter 14: The Language of Love (and Faith)

Sheena's POV 

"Am I dreaming? Girlfriend na ba talaga kita?" I asked Gweneth while we were in the backyard of their house. 

She didn't answer but instead, she pinched my cheeks ng sobrang lakas kaya napasigaw ako. "Ouch! Why did you do that?" I asked, confused.

"Para alam mong this is real. You're not dreaming. We're finally together, love." she whispered and looked away, parang nahiya pa siya sa akin kaya mas lumawak pa ang ngiti ko. 

"Love!?" I asked her. 

"Oo nga. Bungol ka ba?" masungit na sabi niya. But her annoyed face suddenly turned into smiley one when she opened her phone. 

Ayaw niya pang ipakita sa akin pero dahil mapilit ako, she gave in. It was a video of me crying after we shared our first ever kiss. At ang may pakana? Syempre ang mga siraulong kaibigan ko. I forgot that Colet was inside the library too, she probably messaged the other two idiots to go back to the school para mawitness nila kung gaano ako kabaliw kay Gwen. 

"Psh. Badtrip naman oh!" I protested. 

"What now, love? Are you sulking?" Natatawang tanong niya sa akin. 

"Eh kasi naman. Lagi nalang nila akong pinipikon eh tapos bata pa turing nila sa akin. It sucks kaya to be the baby of the group sometimes." I ranted to my girlfriend. 

She looked at me and shook her head. "Cute. They just love you so much, Shee. I know and I can feel it naman every time they're doing things for you." she told me, trying to make me feel better. 

Then I realized how much sacrifices my friends made for me. Colet is always this strict but she never fails to take care of me and look after me. Mikha may always be masungit but she always makes me feel loved. Maloi, my favorite ate, always checking up on me. She's willing to drop everything for me and for the other two. She's always so selfless and matured. I suddenly feel lucky to have them. 

"True. I love them naman eh kahit na sakit ng ulo dulot ko sa kanila madalas." I replied and smiled sheepishly. "Love, I know I'm a flawed person and I don't have adorable qualities aside from my face and my charisma in dancing..." I said and I heard Gwen gasped.