Chapter 3: Tease

Sheena's POV

It's my second day today in the hospital as a staff/ alalay/ or whatever my friends want to call it. Colet, Mikha, and Maloi won't be here today despite their lies na kasama nila ako sa kalokohan para magrounded din sila just to be with me. My parents knew that they're just covering me up. My friends promised to visit me, though. 

I set an alarm earlier para maaga akong makapunta dito. I noticed yesterday kasi na Gweneth is early too, so, I decided na uunahan ko siya palagi. I wanted to talk to her more before the program starts. I don't know, sobrang interesado ako sa kanya at pakiramdam ko, behind those cold stares of her, may nakatagong soft spot. She cares about the patients here, akala mo lumaki dito sa hospital eh.

Upon entering the hospital, I greeted the guards and the receptionist. Today will be a great day, I can feel it. 

Pero bumagsak ang balikat ko nang makita ko si Gweneth sa loob ng venue while seriously reading a book. Bakit ang aga niya? Seriously, we have like two hours pa before the activity. 

I approached Gweneth without her noticing. Mukha siyang natutuwa sa binabasa niya kaya minsan napapangiti siya. She's so pretty!

"Intese ah!" I started. 

She looked up and when she saw me, her aura suddenly changed. Literally from a heart-eyed emoji into an irritated one. I can sense na gusto niya talaga akong makita today. 

"A Hue of Blu ..." I read the cover of the book that she's reading. "Can you tell me about it?" I asked. 

She stiffed and turned to me after a few seconds. "I still have a few pages left. But this is a romance, all about toxicity and healing." she answered at bumalik sa pagbabasa.