Briarlight - Murder

I blinked my eyes open, I had heard one of my roommates Icecloud scream.

I checked my alarm clock, it was only 3:00am. I climbed out of my bed and put on my jacket, I threw open my door, our dormitory was empty, everyone was in their rooms sleeping.

Blossomfall's door was open, I peered around in the dark, I turned on my flashlight and scanned her room.

"Blossomfall?" I whispered.

It wasn't Blossomfall that replied, it was Icecloud, "Briarlight? I woke up in the night because I thought I heard Blossomfall scream, she looks like she's been jabbed with some sort of dart, there's a blowgun in her hand."

I saw Blossomfall on her bed with a trickle of blood running down her neck where three darts had hit her. A blowgun lay in her limp hand.

"I'll go fetch a teacher, then they can get Leafpool, or Spottedleaf, or someone to look at her." I told her, "Stay here."

I ran out of our dormitory and down the corridor. The teachers each had their own room, I ran to Bluestar's dorm since it was the nearest.

Her door was locked so I tried knocking on it to wake her up.

"Hello? Bluestar? This is an emergancy!"

Bluestar swung her door open looking very angry, "Briarlight! You do not have permission to be outside your dorm at this hour! Wh-"

"I'm sorry Bluestar," I interrupted, "Icecloud heard Blossomfall scream, Blossomfall looks like she's been jabbed by darts, there's a blowgun in her hand."

"Go fetch our medics." Bluestar ordered, "I'll go to your dorm."

I went and woke up Leafpool, Spottedleaf, and Cinderpelt. 

I led them to my dorm and left them to inspect Blossomfall.

"She's not breathing," I heard Cinderpelt murmur, "I think she's commited suicide."

"I doesn't look like someone else killed her," agreed Leafpool, "She's even holding a blowgun in her hand."

"We need to tell the leaders." said Spottedleaf, "I'll go wake them."

"You should get back to sleep Briarlight." said Bluestar.

"All right."

I returned to my room and realised for the first time there was a white box lying on my desk.

I lifted the lid, inside was Blossomfall's phone, there was a note lying beside it.

The Dark Forest is rising. I've recorded some of the training sessions. Show the leaders. Tell Ivypool that Hawkfrost knows, he hasn't told anyone because he needs proof. Good luck with the battle.