49 : You and I together?... Never

CHAPTER 49

VIVIANA QUINN

It's been 2 days and I am recovering and Xavier has been super caring and protective towards me.

My mood swings are on another level. Every night he prepares different desserts for me because I whine like a kid.

I mean you guys can't blame me, his desserts are on a different level but no matter how hard he tries, I am still not getting too close to him and even he notices it. So whenever we get close to each other these days, he pulls away without making it awkward between us. And it's a good thing, right?

He doesn't even try to get close to me these days. He maintains distance from me.

Trust me, something has changed between us. He is not the Xavier he used to be. Whenever I would be mad at him, he would try talking to me or at least force me to talk to him. These days, he doesn't do any of it. In these few days the most we have talked is 30 minutes I guess.

Yes, I agree he takes care of me but he hardly talks to me.

This evening again he was baking something for me. I went to check to find him on the phone, laughing with someone.

"Yeah." He laughed again.

"Baking, cupcakes." He replied to someone.

Who is it? And why the hell is he smiling like an idiot?

"It was a great day, Sasha."

"Yeah, the food was super good." The person asked a question to which he replied "Okay, stop." Again the person asked something, he scratched his forehead and said "Yeah, yeah... the company too was okay."

"Okay fine, fantastic." She said something and he chuckled.

Sasha? I have heard this name.

Sasha Cameron.

Yes, she is the person with whom he went on a date.

Blood boiled in me. I marched towards him and as soon as he noticed me, the smile vanished from his face.

"I'll talk to you later, Sasha." Saying he hung up and walked towards me. "Why are you here? You never listen to me."

I stared at him.

Why? Did I by any chance ruin your happy time?

"I was bored."

He nodded and picked me up in his arms, carrying me to the kitchen. As always, he placed me on the kitchen counter.

"How was your day?" I asked.

I am being such a typical wife.

"Stressful as always." He replied, continuing to do his work.

"And? Just stressful?"

"Yeah, what else. It's work."

"Did you meet someone?"

"Yep, a client." Why such dry replies? Can't you tell me who were you with? Who this client of yours is?

"W-Who were you talking to?" He stopped at this question and raised his gaze to look at me.

I bit my lips, looking down, playing with my fingers. He came to me and stood in front of me with both his hands resting on the counter on either side of me.

"What's going on? Why so many questions?"

I shook my head "It's nothing."

"Viviana?"