Chapter 57

Update

It was the d-day. Taehyung was coming today to stay for a few days.

Earlier he used to just stay for Saturday and Sunday nights before leaving early on Monday. However, today is Thursday. This time he would spend six whole days with Jungkook.

Jimin advised him to start implementing his plan today.

Because Why not? And why hold out for longer?

Sweating profusely, Jungkook knew exactly what he was about to do.

That is something that he has never done before.

He inhaled deeply and controlled his heart as he imagined the moment when Taehyung would arrive.

Jungkook gets up from his bed and goes to the kitchen to prepare something to eat for the elderly. his mind was hazy. Currently, while he was cooking he was questioning his choices.

He might have rushed into things, Jimin's idea was good, but it was also very bold—not exactly Jungkook-like.

Before his mind could process any more information, the bell rang, making him recoil in surprise. Taking a deep breath, Jungkook walks to open the door for his boyfriend on the other side.

Jungkook stood in front of the door, his palm placed to his chest to stop his heart from pounding so hard from nervousness.

The door rang again, and this time he opened it quickly. With a bouquet in his hand, his extremely attractive partner was waiting for him. His beating heart instantly calmed down upon seeing Taehyung's smile.

Taehyung says, "Hey bun," giving him the flowers before giving him a cozy hug.

"Hyungie, welcome!" Jungkook murmurs while melting in his arms.

Taehyung emerged from the trance after they stood there in each other's embrace for a few minutes.

"Darling, don't you want me to come inside?" he teases 

"No, hhuhh," embarrassed by his actions, Jungkook moves aside and lets Taehyung in.

Taehyung interwins fingers with Jungkook before moving inside with the younger, cause Jungkook seems out of it a bit. It's been 5 minutes that both of them are sitting on the sofa holding each other hands without uttering a single word.

Five more minutes went by, and Jungkook was still lost, staring at the flowers in one hand while the other was held by Taehyung.

"bun?"

"Has something happened?" Taehyung makes Jungkook look at him by cupping his face.

That's when Jungkook snapped out of his reverie, saying, "huh!"

In a panic, Jungkook says, "No, no hyung. I'm sorry, I. I."

Taehyung comforts him, saying, "Relax, bun. Did something happen bun?" taehyung inquiries.

He swallows, "Oh, no, I was just you know. Just nervous," he murmurs.

"Oh  bun," Taehyung says with a smile, reassuring himself that it's nothing major. He then kisses his lips.

"Don't worry your little head about it; it's just me."

Content, Jungkook smiles.

"Hold on, let me get you some drinks."

After returning, Jungkook placed a platter of snacks and two glasses of cool lemonade on the coffee table before taking a seat next to Taehyung  on the couch.