Chapter 7

I stared at the fire, not knowing what to do. I need to do something! People might DIE!! I blinked and ran out of my room, down the stairs, and out the main entrance.

What I saw was unexplainable, but I'll try and explain it as best as I can.

There was fire everywhere, with people running around screaming. Houses were on fire, people still in them.

I knew I had a mission, but these people did nothing to deserve this!! I ran into a fairly large building and squinted to see better. The fire was spreading at an alarming speed, I had to act fast.

I ran throughout the building, looking for people. I saw one! I ran over to them. It was a small boy, with burns all over. They were hugging their knees, tears streaming down their face.

"S-someone help me..." he whispered.

I ran over to him. "It's gonna be alright," I said. "I promise." I picked him up and ran out of the building.

There were more people with burns on them huddling together. I took the boy to a peramedic and they helped him.

There had to be more people in there! I ran back in there, looking for more people.

I ran up some stairs, and luckily saw...SERENA?!

I ran to her and kneeled down. She was unconscious. I wasn't even sure if she was breathing!

I grabbed her arms and got ready to drag her outside.

But I couldn't.

Her eyes snapped open, and she kicked me in the shin (is that how you spell it? XDD).

I screeched and dropped her on the floor. Her eyes started glowing red, and she slowly stood up and stared at me.

Out of fear, I ran outside of the burning building.

Nobody was there.

I was alone in this slowly burning village with a betraying monster friend.