Δ24~𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

.♡‧₊˚  ☆ .♡ ‧₊ ♡‧₊ ☆ .♡ ☆  .♡‧₊˚  ☆ .♡

"Wake up, Nia," the voice beckoned, along with a tinge of annoyance that the persistent sun rays seemed to echo, nudged Taniya from the depths of her dreams.

"Good morning," Aditya whispered, his lips brushing her forehead, a silent benediction that stirred her from slumber.

"Good morning," she murmured, her eyelids heavy with the remnants of sleep and the warmth of his kiss seeping into her skin, a comforting weight that held her to the precipice of wakefulness.

" I'll cook  something for breakfast. Freshen up, love. We are alone in the house," he informed her, the others still away, staying at the uncle's abode.

"Chocolate pancakes,"she declared, her smile revealing a pearly cascade, but it found no echo in Aditya's expression.

"No, you're unwell. Khichdi will nourish you," he insisted, his concern for her health casting a shadow over her cravings.

"Who says I'm sick? I'm perfectly fi—"her protest was cut short by a betraying cough.

"Khichdi it is,"Aditya concluded, his verdict final, leaving Taniya to sulk. His hand reached out to tousle her hair, a playful gesture halted midway as she caught his hand between her teeth, a mock bite seeking to draw out a reaction, a small rebellion against his culinary decree.

But Aditya merely gazed at her, unfazed. "Try harder, baby," he teased, prompting her to release him, her playful ploy foiled.

Rising, she drifted to the washroom to ready herself for the day, unaware that she'd left behind her clothes . Aditya, ever attentive, selected her clothes, draping them over the door handle.

"Clothes, Nia,"he called out before retreating, leaving her to discover his thoughtful gesture post-shower.

Dressed and descending, she found Aditya, phone in hand, studying the art of perfecting khichdi. She enveloped him in a back hug, her head resting against his back, "Khichdi's too much work. Let's just order pancakes," she bargained.

"No, it's nearly ready. I wanted to ensure it's as tasty as it is healthy  for you," he replied, his dedication unwavering.

Taniya shot him an 'ehh' look before moving towards the fridge. As she reached for the water bottle, he intercepted, "I'll boil it first,"his protective instincts flaring.

"Aditya, kaun peeta hai garam paani aise mausam mein?" she protested.

"Wahi jo baarish mein bheeg kar bemaar padte hain,"he retorted, igniting the stove with a click.

He coaxed her into eating the khichdi, spoonful by spoonful, her reluctance evident in the distance she tried to maintain from the dish.

Their morning ritual gave way to the day's demands, and they parted ways for work, Aditya dropping Taniya at her clinic before heading to his office.

The day wore on, Taniya tending to a tide of patients, fatigue seeping into her bones. Seizing a moment's respite, she retreated to her colleague's quarters, medicating herself into a deep slumber.

Meanwhile, Aditya, immersed in his tasks, was jolted by an alarm—a reminder of Taniya's medication schedule. He called her but his  calls went unanswered, worry creasing his brow until reassurance came from the hospital's reception that Taniya was resting.

Grateful, he resumed his work, only to be interrupted by an urgent meeting. The necessary file was missing, he presumed it to be at home. He called  Veer but theyproved futile; he was still at the uncle's, far from reach.