XXIX

MIKAYLA

. . .

"A yacht date?" I say, in my voice and tone could be heard in the grin that spreads on my lips as I gaze at the beautiful view of the calm and tranquil ocean before my eyes.

Darkness has spread around, enshrouding the surface deeper blue. It sparkles alluringly under the moonlight from above. The fresh scent of deep waters surrounds us, exuding from the surface like smoke that can't be seen.

The breeze is cool, passing by my side but I let my arms remain where they are because I'm lost in admiring the pleasant view.

His plans are always amazing. He leaves me speechless.

"Yes," he comes from behind, standing there and wrapping his arms over my arms like a blanket. "Liked it?" he asks, close to my ear, his lips almost brushing against the tip of my ear.

Does he know how easily he wakes up goosebumps over my skin? Does he have any idea?

"You always give amazing surprises," I whisper, my eyelids becoming heavy when he pushes his face into the crook of my neck. "It too isn't less," I add, earning myself a hum of acknowledgment from him.

He doesn't do anything. Just inhales my fragrance, complimenting it soon, "You smell like roses. Added with vanilla?"

He notices quite easily. I chuckle. "Yeah," I shrug, accidentally earning him closer to my jaw. "Thought of doing something new. How's it?"

I know it's good. Just want to tease him.

He smiles, holding my hands. The glass blue-greenish bangles that I'm wearing jingle, the sound getting muffled by the waves being torn apart from the yacht.

"It makes me feel like hugging you till I smell like you," he answers in his poetic way, earning my attention.

I raise my gaze to his face. His golden locks kiss his forehead, being curly and unruly over his head. His eyes are down on my hands as he fumbles, doing particularly nothing but just touching my fingers and sliding my bangles up and down.

"Everything about you, whenever I look at you, makes me feel like kissing you, to be one with you. As much as I want to give myself to you, I want to take all of you," he raises his eyes, filled with warmth and softness. I can't look away, bewitched by his words like he just sung the melody of heaven.

Never knew confessions would be this beautiful to one's ears.

He raises my hand and kisses the back of my palm, still gazing into my eyes.

It is when I feel my cheeks heating up in an effortless blush. My eyelids fall heavy, and the look of my eyes is anywhere but his eyes.

"W-We should proceed, yeah?"

"Of course," he smiles charmingly before holding my hand and taking me ahead.

I sigh, palming my chest. My heart is once again pounding inside my chest. I think I escaped this time and I don't want things like that to happen throughout the night.

How would I be able to resist him for hours?

The more I spend time with him, the more I'm getting attracted to him like it's a universal law.

He takes me to a table that he has arranged. With candles, rose petals, and food. There is a bottle of wine, too, but I know he won't let me have much this time.

I take a seat and he serves me. Gentleman. I have always noticed this quality in him. He was always a gentleman to me. Yeah, he was naughty and annoyed the hell out of me but as time went on, my childishness remained and he became a better version of himself.