XXVIII

MIKAYLA

. . .

"No!" I yelled from the top of my lungs, shaking even the white walls. I push on my toes, not wanting to fall as my brother puts more of his strength.

"Come on, Mickey! It's not too deep!" He grumbles in my ear, holding me from behind.

My eyes widen as I stare at the water. The surface is moving ever so slowly and my heart skips a beat when I notice the depth of it once again. Yes, once again!

"What!? Are you kidding me, Eli?" I yelled again, noticing that the boys around me just put their hands on their ears and my instructor was standing by the edge, amused.

Want to learn some acting?—learn from these dumb boys!

"No, I'm serious."

"Eli, I'll kill you!" I cried and escaped his clutch. I jumped back to run out of the room but his friends stood by it, giving me death glares. One of them was Joshua, my eldest brother.

How could they? I feel betrayed.

"Do anything after you learn to fight your fear," he comes again and drags me back to the edge of the swimming pool.

"No! Don't do that, Eli! That's horrible. I'm not fond of fighting my fears, just get the hell away or I'll approach the Supreme Court!"

Open laughter and hidden snickers are heard in the background and one of them is that Blondie Dawood.

He sits by the edge of the swimming pool, hanging his legs into the water. A towel hangs by his neck as he shows off his half-naked self to the girls around, most importantly the abs that he gained by practicing each swimming stroke. Water droplets hang through his yellow-white hair and a smirk is spilled on his lips, eyes watching the spectacle of the injustice happening to me.

Gosh, I hate him so much!

I was happily swimming in that small pool but this dumb yellow-headed baby filled my brother's ears that I should try a bigger swimming pool and since then my brothers have been cruel to me.

They promised to treat me like a princess. Where is it?

"You can approach even Dad for it and I won't mind that, now goodbye!" With that said, he drops me into the swimming pool.

。ノ⁠♡

"What!?" I cry out, giving him the most ridiculous look of my life until now. "Are you crazy or what? That's risky!"

"Chill!" He raises his arms, stepping closer. How is he so calm every time? "I've done it and it's thrilling. Rather I've jumped from the higher cliffs."

"Don't tell me I'm talking to your ghost!"

"I never died," he rolls his eyes with a dramatic sigh. "I'm alive in front of you and you're going to jump with me," he declares all of a sudden, clutching my heartbeats with a single command.

No.

"I'm not crazy like you, okay?" I try to argue with my voice wavering. Gosh, I'm afraid of deep waters. I can't do it. I just want to escape this as soon as possible. "I'm not jumping along with you."

"Trust me, it's amazing," he smiles gently at me, stepping closer to hold my shoulders. I swallow, shaking my head. He just can't convince me to jump off a damn cliff!

The wind is powerful above the cliff, pushing my hair over my face but I'm too afraid to react to anything else.

The cliff on which we stand is high and seems dangerous. I've seen the depth of the ocean by it and I can see the deeper pits into it and it's a hell of a scary view!