Chapter 52

Ibrahim sat on the couch, his face pale and drawn. Sameera was beside him, her expression a mix of worry and confusion. Farha sat to his left, her eyes wide with concern. 

Adeel stood in front of them, his face red with anger as he screamed, his voice echoing through the room."How could she? That naive Mehak gave sleeping pills to my son!" Adeel shouted, his fists clenched in fury.Ibrahim looked up, his eyes filled with determination and desperation. 

"I want her back at any cost, Dad. Just find her," he said, his voice steady but strained.A Silent Agreement Sameera and Farha exchanged worried glances but remained silent, knowing that Ibrahim and Adeel were not to be interrupted in their current state.

Adeel took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. "We will find her, Ibrahim. I promise you that," he said, his voice firm. "No one betrays our family and gets away with it."

Sameera reached out and placed a comforting hand on Ibrahim's shoulder. "We will bring her back, Ibrahim. We are all in this together," she said softly.

Farha nodded in agreement, her face set with determination. "We'll start the search immediately. She can't have gone far."

Adeel began to pace the room, already forming a plan in his mind. "I'll contact our people and start the search. We need to find out where she went and who helped her.

They sat in tense silence, each lost in their thoughts and fears. They were united in their goal to find Mehak and bring her back. For Ibrahim, it was a matter of pride, betrayal, and a desperate need for answers.

On the other side in Jaipur Faiza sat with her grandparents, recounting Mehak's harrowing ordeal. Her voice trembled as she spoke, the gravity of the situation settling heavily in the room. Mehak sat on the other side, her eyes downcast, trying to hold back her tears.

Grandpa's face was a mix of shock and disbelief. "I can't believe this," he muttered, shaking his head. "How could anyone treat her this way?"Grandma, who had been listening quietly, suddenly stood up from her couch. Her eyes were filled with determination and compassion as she walked over to Mehak.

Without a word, Grandma gently pulled Mehak into her arms, hugging her tightly. "Don't worry, my dear," she whispered softly. "You are free now."

Hearing those words, Mehak felt the last of her resolve crumble. She broke down, sobbing uncontrollably into Grandma's shoulder. All the fear, pain, and sorrow she had been holding in poured out in a torrent of tears.

Grandma held Mehak close, rubbing her back soothingly. "It's alright, Mehak. Let it all out," she murmured, her voice steady and comforting. "You are safe here. No one will hurt you anymore."

Faiza watched, her heart aching for her but relieved that Mehak was finally in a place where she could begin to heal. Grandpa, though still in shock, nodded in agreement, his eyes softening with understanding and empathy.

Mehak continued to cry, Grandma led her to a nearby chair and sat down with her. She held Mehak's hands in hers, offering a gentle, reassuring smile. "This is your home now, Mehak. You have a family here who cares about you. We will protect you."

Mehak looked up at Grandma, her eyes red and swollen from crying. "Thank you," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion. "I don't know what I would have done without Faiza and all of you."

Grandma hugged her again. "You are a brave girl, Mehak. You've been through so much, but now it's time to start anew. We are here for you every step of the way."

The room settled into a calm silence, the warmth and love from Faiza's grandparents enveloped Mehak, giving her a sense of safety and hope she hadn't felt in a long time. She knew the journey ahead wouldn't be easy, but with the support of this new family, she felt ready to face whatever came next.

On the other side The atmosphere in the Khan mansion was still heavy with tension. Ibrahim sat on the couch, his mind a whirlwind of emotions and thoughts. He replayed the events of the previous night over and over in his head—Mehak's confession of love, her sudden flight. The confusion and betrayal gnawed at him until he couldn't take it anymore.

"Mehak, how could you do this?" Ibrahim shouted, his voice echoing through the grand hall. In a fit of rage, he swung his arm and smashed the small table beside the sofa, sending splinters of wood flying.

Sameera and Farha, who were in the room, jumped at the sudden outburst. Sameera rushed to his side, her face etched with worry. "Ibrahim, my baby, you've hurt your hand!" she cried, seeing the blood starting to drip from a cut on his palm.

"Farha, bring the first aid box, quickly!" Sameera ordered. Farha hurriedly fetched the box and knelt beside Ibrahim, trying to bandage his injured hand. But Ibrahim, still seething with anger and hurt, pulled away.

"How can she do this, Ammi?" Ibrahim shouted, his voice breaking with frustration. "She said 'I love you' to me last night, and then she ran away. She was doing drama all along!"

Sameera looked at her son, her heart breaking for him. She reached out, gently touching his arm. "Ibrahim, calm down, please. Let us help you," she said softly.

Farha tried again to bandage his hand, but Ibrahim was too agitated to sit still. "I don't understand," he continued, his voice trembling with a mixture of anger and pain. "How could she say those words and then just leave? What was she thinking?"

Sameera exchanged a worried glance with Farha. "Ibrahim, sometimes people act out of fear and confusion. We don't know what was going through her mind," she tried to reason, hoping to calm him down.

But Ibrahim was inconsolable. "Fear? Confusion? She made me believe she loved me, and then she vanished. How can I trust anyone now?" His voice cracked, revealing the depth of his hurt.

Sameera moved closer, wrapping her arms around her son. "Ibrahim, we'll find her. We'll get to the bottom of this. Just please, let us take care of you right now."

Ibrahim, though still angry and confused, allowed Farha to finally bandage his hand. He took a deep breath, trying to steady himself. "I just need answers, Ammi. I need to know why she did this."

Sameera nodded, her eyes filled with determination. "We will find her, Ibrahim. Together, we will find out the truth."

As the bandage was secured around his hand, Ibrahim sat back, his mind still racing but a small part of him beginning to hope that they would indeed uncover the truth. The search for Mehak would continue, and with it, the quest for understanding and closure.