Forty Six.

I stood in front of the bedroom's mirrors, taking in my reflection. My hair was up, my makeup done and I was satisfied with the tight knee-length silver dress I'd picked. It had a deep plunging neckline and my key necklace hung perfectly in that space between my breasts. I didn't know what Justin would think about me showing skin in this weather but I had a white faux fur coat to cover up with so I hoped he wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

"Dileah, McKenzie's waiting for us." Justin informed me from the other side of the bedroom door.

"Coming." I said.

He'd been a good boy and allowed me my privacy while I got showered and dressed.

I got my silver heels on and quickly put on a small pair of earrings and some perfume then I got my coat and clutch bag and walked out the bedroom.

Justin was sitting on the couch, fiddling with his phone.

He was dressed in a navy blue suit with no tie and the first few buttons of his shirt undone. What a gorgeous sight. It took me right back to the day I first set my eyes on him and how so put-together and unbelievably handsome I thought he was.

He smiled at me and got up. He tucked his phone away in the inside pocket of his jacket and he took in my outfit with his hands in his pockets.

"How do I look? Is this alright for a party?" I asked.

"You look amazing, sweetheart." He said, "Breathtakingly beautiful."

My cheeks flushed.

I put my coat on and walked towards him.

"You look really handsome." I smiled at him and fixed a strand of hair which had decided to hang off his forehead on its own.

He kissed my forehead and took my hand and we left our suite for the black Mercedes that awaited us.

McKenzie opened the door for us and Justin climbed in after me.

It was weird having McKenzie do this and not Lewis but I did think Lewis deserved a break for all the driving he'd been doing all year.

We were driven for what felt like only a few minutes and we headed inside another hotel.

Justin didn't let go of my hand as we stood in the elevator and I was glad. Maybe then this Ms Ford would leave him alone this year cause I was here.

"This is my parents' favourite hotel." Justin informed me. "They always host parties or events here if they choose to do so in New York City."

"What's the difference between this hotel and ours?" I asked.

Justin shrugged.

"The food, I suppose?" He said. "My mom always goes on about cupaccinos with gold dust on them."

"Real gold?" I couldn't believe it.

"Real gold." He smiled.

I didn't even know you could eat gold. I didn't even know people wanted to eat it. I hoped we wouldn't have some at the party. I thought it was weird. I would've probably just taken the cup with me to my nearest gold trader and sold him the gold coffee.

We got to the rooftop and music was playing. At the door were two bouncers. Justin gave them our names and we were let through. It was an incredible sight.

There were guests all over the place minding their own business and socialising with drinks in their hands like rich people did. All of them looked so polished in their attire: women were all in heels and dresses and men were either in suits or something close to semi-formal. There was a bar set on one end of the roof. It was well lit and the two men behind it were happily shaking up some drinks for some ladies. The DJ stand was in one corner, also well lit. Then there were waiters and waitresses in maroon, black and white uniform, making their way between people to serve them drinks and snacks. Just when I thought I had a good enough picture of the scene, I noticed a few ice sculptures, the pretty lights that illuminated the area so well, the photo area which had this giant gold frame hanging from God-knows-where and one surprising thing... it wasn't really cold! Somewhere, somehow, Pattie had managed to get the aircon to give out warm heat up here and it was amazing!