#25.2 Caring/Jealous kism ka!?

Around the afternoon break, during their little chat, Vivek gets to know that Tanvi has eaten nothing since morning. He recalls Samrat mentioning Tanvi falling sick the other day. With a smile, he approaches the girl and proposes that they have lunch together.

"Tanvi, kyun na hum apna break thoda extend kar lein? Aur lunch kar lete hain. In our case, it is breakfast, no? Let's have breakfast. I have some wrapped chhole parathe in my jeep."

Tanvi reluctantly but gratefully follows Vivek to his jeep

Tanvi reluctantly but gratefully follows Vivek to his jeep. His jeep is parked just to the right of the hangar entrance, away from the aircraft. In what feels like forever, Tanvi is with another guy other than Farhan or Samrat or her close friends, sharing a meal and good laughter.

"Thank you for the brunch, Vivek."

She thanks him after they both finish the meal, feeling energised than ever just to have some food and Vivek's smile close by. Vivek is a lively, kind guy, unlike someone who suddenly wants to show his worst side.

"Haha. No thanks between teammates, Tanvi. I will be with you for this month long... let's work together to make this project successful!"

Tanvi nods at Vivek's proposal. They shake hands. It strikes Tanvi that they didn't shake hands before when he offered help. She chuckles as Vivek curiously looks at her with a smile.

"I just remembered we didn't do this earlier. Doesn't matter if we are doing it now, na. Thanks, Vivek. Warna yeh sara kaam mujhe akele karna padta."

Vivek brushes off her thanks again

Vivek brushes off her thanks again. They return to work, with her thinking she's glad to have his support. Her workload will ease a bit and her loneliness might also dissipate just a teensy bit.

It's strange. Vivek is not her close friend. He's not even a friend. Not an acquaintance either, though they have met on several occasions. It's strange that his company is soothing now. Maybe this is what they say. A friend in need is a friend indeed. How heart-wrenching that Vivek is a friend while Samrat is not...

Tanvi lets these thoughts sit somewhere in the corner of her brain and returns her focus to work. Undoubtedly, with her determination and Vivek's help, the current nightmare won't nightmare anymore. Even without it, she has the guts to tackle the "Worst kism ka Ladka" that's her boss Samrat Singh Shekhawat. Only that it's going to hurt. It will hurt a lot. Does this not hurt him?