XLVI

Chapter Forty-Six

I didn't think it was possible to fall more and more in love with someone as the days passed by but here I was staring at Harry as he held my daughter. He'd been making silly faces at her for the majority of the time that we'd been waiting for Angela's train to arrive, I think he was trying to get Olivia to laugh or even smile but she was only a few weeks old so that wouldn't happen for another good few months at least but that certainly didn't stop Harry from attempting it.
"Look! Did you see that? I swear to god she smiled at me." The look on his face was priceless, I was convinced that he was just seeing things that he wanted to see but I went along with it anyway so he wouldn't be disappointed.

"When does the train get in?" He asked picking Olivia up from his lap and held her in his arms. I pulled my phone out and checked the time, I sighed before turning my phone around to show Harry.
"Ten minutes ago, this is why I fucking hate public transport." With another sigh I put my phone away and began watching the trains entering and leaving the station.
"You say you hate it but let's not forget up until I offered to drive you everywhere you used it." I rolled my eyes at comment and let out a little laugh.
"That doesn't mean that I don't still hate it."

By the time Angela's train arrived it was half past nine, I'd been awake for three hours and only had about an hour of solid sleep so I was exhausted. The day ahead of me was bound to be not only physically draining but mentally, definitely more on the mentally side. I was yet to speak to Layla, the poor girl was probably thinking that I'd taken Cal's side in this whole situation but I hadn't and I wasn't going to bother taking sides. At the end of the day the two of them were my best friends, what Layla did was horrible and there's absolutely no way that I could possibly justify her actions but that didn't mean that I hated her or I'd fallen out with her but knowing Layla she would definitely be thinking that. Honestly I hadn't had the time this morning to give her a text or call, my mind had been elsewhere considering I was literally picking my ex boyfriend's mother up from the train station to let her come and live with us for a while. I wasn't sure how long Angie would be staying with us and I don't think she was sure either, I guess until we get this whole Dylan thing sorted.

"Erin! I'm so happy to see you, oh you look amazing!" I got the fright of my life when Angela had snuck up behind me. I swear to god I almost knocked her out before I realised who it was that had randomly pulled me into a hug.
"Jesus Christ! Angela you fucking scared the life out of me!" I exclaimed in shock, Harry stood at the side pushing the pram back and forth to sooth Olivia who was almost asleep.
"Oh! Oh is this Olivia?" She pointed towards the pram as I nodded my head, within a second she dropped her bag and rushed over to the pram to get a peak at her granddaughter.
"She's beautiful Erin, ah she's amazing and looks just like you. I swear the resemblance is uncanny! Hiya Harry, how are you son?" Angela gently stroked Olivia's cheek a few times before making her way over to Harry and greeting him with a quick kiss on the cheek and an embrace.
"Do you really think she looks like me?" I asked Angela after Harry had finished speaking and we began walking back to the car. I took control of the pram whilst Harry insisted on taking Angela's many bags, like I said we weren't sure on how long she'd be staying for.

For the whole duration of the journey no one uttered a single word about Dylan, instead we spoke about Olivia and pretty much everything else that had been going on in our lives since we last saw each other at the funeral. There was currently a lot of drama going on back in Glasgow between Angela and her friends so she filled me in on all of that whilst I made a mental note to give my mum a call later and tell her— we all know how much of a sucker that woman was for gossip.

"Well look who it is! My second son, Ronnie how are you doing darking?" Angela shouted as she practically rushed through the front door and saw my brother waiting to greet her, I hadn't even been able to get out of the car yet and she was already suffocating Ronnie by the looks of things.
"You need a hand bro?" Cal walked out of the door and over to the car, Harry thanked him as he passed him one of the bags from the boot of the car and then grabbed the other two with his hands.