XXXIV

Chapter Thirty-Four

"They'll love you." He said as he opened the front door to his childhood home. How the bloody hell have I been talked into this, earlier on this morning I was quite content eating my corn flakes and planning out how to pack for our trip to Ibiza for next weekend and now here I was in Guernsey at Harry's parents house.
I was nervous and Harry could tell that I was, sure we hadn't been together for long— only a few months but I'd known him for what felt like forever. Oh and he'd already met all of my family, including my grandparents which was eventful to say the least. It was finally time for me to return the favour and no matter how nervous I was, I stepped through the front door with a smile on my face ready to meet his family.

"Mum! Dad! Are you here?" Harry shouted, I closed the door behind me and slipped off my shoes.
"Look who's finally decided to come home! Oh and you've brought... a girl, huh I'm Josh." The boy struck out his hand for me to shake, I gave him a warm smile and introduced myself with as much confidence as I possibly could.
"Erin, it's nice to meet you Josh." I pulled away from the hand shake just as Harry's parents joined us in the hallway. Harry's mum's eyes lit up at the sight of her son while his dad looked around awkwardly- huh I see where Harry gets that from.
"Oh mum this is Erin, my girlfriend." Harry wrapped his arm around my shoulder as pulled me close as he spoke. His mum's eyes lit up even more- if that was possible at his words, I was fully expecting a hand shake just like his brother had given me but instead I was pulled away from Harry and her arms wrapped around me tightly.
"It's so wonderful to meet you Erin, I'm Sue and can I just say that you are absolutely beautiful!" She gushed pulling away a few seconds later.
"I... oh thank you." I replied flattered by her compliment.
"It's so great to finally meet you, all of you. Harry's told me so much about you all!" I looked around at the family as I spoke and then my eyes finally landed on Harry who was stood smiling like crazy the whole time.

Even though I'd only just stepped inside the house I could already tell that Harry's family were absolutely nothing like mine. My family was crazy, completely bonkers, we loved drinking and practically bullying each other... especially my dad and Ronnie. Harry's family on the other hand was quite, reserved and extremely friendly which was the complete opposite of mine but nonetheless I loved them already!

"So Erin, where are you from?" Harry's mum asked sitting at the dining table, his dad was sitting silently reading the newspaper but still engaged in the conversation.
"Originally Glasgow but I moved to London for uni a few years ago and I've lived there since." I replied answering her question and taking a seat beside Harry.
"Do you do the youtube thing as well?" She asked and I shook my head no.
"No, I'm an estate agent actually. It's a great job although it's super tiring and extremely stressful." I chuckled slightly as I spoke.
"How did you two meet then?" Josh, Harry's brother asked from the other end of the room.
"It's kinda funny actually, we lived in the same building for years but never crossed paths. I'd been friends with Cal since I moved in practically and he invited me over and well the rest is history."
"Oh Callum's a lovely boy!" His mum joined in the conversation just as Rosie walked into the room. I'd briefly met her once, we hadn't spoken but I remembered her from the time she appeared at Harry's door in tears after just breaking up with her boyfriend. She said a quick hello before walking out the back door which led to the garden, I resumed my conversation with Harry's parents and younger brother.

We spoke for hours, right up until Harry and I headed off to bed around eleven. We were only staying for two nights, Harry had numerous videos to film in preparation for the holiday we were all about to go on and I had to head to Manchester for work on Monday. I'd rarely be at home next week, I was working every single day from seven-thirty right up until eight o'clock at night... yeah that was a joke but truthfully I didn't mind, it would get me out of that bloody mad house I called home.
Ever since Dylan had moved in the house was no longer quiet, I honestly began to forget what it was like being around Ronnie and Dylan constantly. Oh apparently sleep wasn't a thing anymore unless it was the middle of day, nights were strictly for the Xbox and screaming until the two decided on going to sleep or Ronnie had work early the next morning. Dylan was still jobless but then again he also had a hundred grand to spent so realistically he didn't need a job right now.