XXXVI

Chapter Thirty-Six

"Right that's it, you're going to hospital." Ronnie said as he lifted me up, with how intense this pain was I really don't think I could walk. Millie immediately called an ambulance since I clearly needed to be seen by a doctor. The three of us rushed out of the airport and by the time we managed to get outside the ambulance was just pulling up. Everything that happened after that was a complete blur.

When I got to the hospital I was rushed straight into A&E and was immediately seen by three doctors who'd rushed into the room as they heard my screams.
"Erin listen to me alright." One nurse spoke as I looked towards her and tried to control my breathing.
"Is there any chance you could be pregnant." She asked and I immediately began shaking my head no but then I realised that Harry and I rarely ever used any sort of protection. "Maybe." I panted.
"Can I get an ultrasound machine in here!" A doctor shouted as the screams became louder. I could no longer push the pain to the back of my mind, it was far to intense now.
Another doctor rushed in a few minutes later with an ultrasound machine, I was petrified. Ronnie and Millie were stood by my side the whole time, I could tell that both of them had absolutely no idea what was going on and that they were both scared but I was so unbelievably thankful for them.
"Alright Erin, we're going to do an ultrasound just incase you are pregnant. There's is a possibility it's ectopic and we'll have to rush you into theatre." I nodded as the wave of pain slowed down slightly and I could somewhat breathe normally again. The doctor began performing the ultrasound and by the look on her face I just knew something was wrong.

"Call L&D, we've got a baby on the way!" She shouted across the room to one of the other doctors who immediately obeyed her.
"What's L&D? What baby? Can someone tell us what the fucking is happening." Ronnie panicked, I immediately began screaming out in pain again and took no attention as to what was happening around me, there was no time.
"Labour and delivery, your sisters in labour." The same doctor spoke calmly as she wheeled me out of the room.
"I'M HAVING A... AHHHHHHH FUCK!" I was unable to finish my sentence because the pain just kept getting worse, it was coming on stronger every single time.
How could I be having a baby? I didn't even know Harry nine months ago... oh, oh fuck.
"Ronnie phone Dylan, it's... FUCK— it's his baby." I shouted to him, he stopped dead in his tracks and pulled out his phone.

"Erin Barnes, twenty-two years old, cryptic pregnancy." The doctor spoke to the midwife who was waiting for us as we got out of the lift. She said nothing but nodded and grabbed the handle bars of the bed I was lay on. I was wheeled into another room, there was another midwife waiting for us in here. Millie was still by my side and holding my hand while she waited for Ronnie to come and take over. It was strange, I barely even knew this girl but I didn't want her to leave, I didn't want to be alone.
"Erin I'm Nicola and this is Sharon, I'm just going to check you over alright? We have to check how many centimetres dilated you are." Sharon handed me what I assumed was gas and air, I immediately began inhaling it.
"You're about nine centimetres Erin, not long now." I said nothing but nodded my head as I felt another, what I now know were contractions.
Ronnie rushed back into the room with the phone up to his ear.

"Dylan's on his way." He told me hanging up the phone and placing his hand in mine as I squeezed it tightly.

Fifteen minutes had passed and I was being checked over again. Ronnie had left the room five minutes ago to find Dylan who was lost, of course he was fucking lost.
"Alright love, it's time." My eyes widened and I stared at Nicola.
"No, I'm not ready— I can't do this."
"You don't have a choice Erin, this baby is coming now." My heart was pounding just as another contraction started, Dylan and Ronnie rushed into the room just in time as I started pushing.
"JUST GIVE ME YOUR FUCKING HAND!" I screamed at Dylan who clearly didn't know what to do but then again neither did I.