Chapter 12

🔥🧐+18 scenes ahead🧐🔥

"Why are you wearing these heels?" Nicholas asks me, looking fixedly at my shoes. We are walking back to my apartment after another day at work. He is keeping the same routine of accompanying me home every day. On the few occasions he was away, one of his security guys would stay with me, waiting to follow me places.

"I need to look good for the clients, you know? They like it more when we are all dressed up."

He locks his eyes on mine and gives me an intense stare. It seems to me he is a little bit on edge and tense tonight, but still in a charming, gentle way. I felt breathless for no reason at all. I need to calm down.

"You look stunning, sweetheart. But If you don't mind me saying your... derriere looks just too good with these shoes. I don't like other men looking at you. But you would call attention, regardless, I am afraid." He says this with a stoic calm voice, letting his eyes wander through my entire body during his speech. Especially in the derriere area.

I stare at him with a stunned expression. He was not usually so forward, preferring to maintain a polite conversation. But it seems that something is different in his attitude tonight.

He keeps smiling at me with a mischievous glee in his eyes.

Our new relationship was one of friendship tempered with lots of sparkles. We both were very aware of each other. I felt this warming sensation cursing through my body every time he touched me. I also had the suspicion he was doing things on purpose, provoking me to react to him and to be aware of his presence.

It was like warning me not to imagine him as a friend. It would sound menacing if not for my response. I liked it a lot. Crap.

I could feel a new boldness in his movements. He was always invading my personal space, standing as close as he could without being on top of me. At any opportunity, he would touch my face or hold my hands firmly on his.

He always looked intently at me when we talked. His eyes would follow my lips, cheeks, ears, and eyes, doing this rotation over and over again.

This pleasant sensation was starting to take control of my body. I was feeling flustered under his stare. There is a kind of look any woman would recognize. And I saw it every time I looked at Nicholas. I could already feel the goosebumps running through my entire body in anticipation. For what, I didn't know.

He continued to ask for my forgiveness and said over and over again how much he loved me and wanted to take care of me. He was wearing his wedding band again. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago. I had tossed mine somewhere in a furious reaction to everything that had gone wrong.

And now it was kind of unsettling to see him with the band in his hand. I kept looking at it to make sure it was still there. I had the most crazy desire to throw myself at him when I looked at it, but of course, I wouldn't do it. It was crazy. And stupid. It was just a maddening compulsion.

Also, I was firmly set on the decision of not reacting to any of his provocations. We were separated and no longer a couple. That's what I kept telling myself even though the tingling sensation between my legs tried to confront my resolution. I was feeling hot all over just looking at this man.

Right now we are almost arriving at my building. He is walking beside me with one hand resting on the lower of my back and the other occupied carrying my purse and bags, something he insisted on doing every time.

He is wearing an elegant black coat with a black pullover and the combination is absolutely striking and exacerbating. I don't know why he thinks I will fall for these little tricks of his. He knows I love when he wears black and I could sense the maliciousness of his behaviour just looking at his clothes. Damn him.