twenty-four.

chapter twenty-four, differences

GOOD MORNING AMERICA HAD LIKED ROSE AND AARON SO MUCH, they had invited them back! Of course, Aaron and Rose were quick to accept. This time, they didn't hate each other, it would be a different experience. One that they couldn't wait for.

The two got ready, separately of course, and only had one thought on their heads. Each other. It had been almost two weeks since the two had made it official, and the two were very much in the honeymoon stage.

It felt a bit weird at first, given that they were used to bullying each other, but they grew used to it. They were in love, and they loved that.

Speaking of, even though both Rose and Aaron had said the three words, they had both agreed to not say it until they absolutely were sure. Of course, they were sure, but they wanted no doubts to ever cross their minds. It was safe, and Aaron and Rose could only really afford to be safe right now.

The two agreed to meet at the studio, and of course, hang out later. Which, they stayed true to. Rose arrived first, and watched the door carefully as she was getting her microphone on. Soon enough, Aaron walked through the door, smiling brightly at Rose.

Immediately, the atmosphere felt different than the last time they were there—and that wasn't even too long ago. Bright smiles were all around, the vibe feeling like a ray of sunshine. Aaron quickly got his microphone put on, just as Rose got hers finished.

The two were quickly talked to, being told how this would go. Aaron and Rose were left alone to prepare, causing the two to inch closer to one another.

"How's your day been?" Rose asked, looking up at Aaron. Aaron smiled down at her, rubbing his thumb discreetly across Roses elbow; Aaron and Rose did not want to go public yet. 

"It was okay, now it's great."

"Okay," Rose said, rolling her eyes sarcastically as Aaron chuckled. He wasn't afraid of being cheesy, especially when it made Rose laugh like she did. Her laugh was infectious, like most of the things she does.

"You look beautiful," Aaron said, his gaze softening as he restricted the urge to tuck a piece of hair behind her ear. Before Rose could respond the crew called over the two, causing Rose to take a deep breath—failing to conceal her vibrant blush.

The two were escorted to their seats, and soon enough, they were on air.

"Welcome back! Today, we welcome back the amazing Rose Seymour and Aaron Tveit!" Rose and Aaron, like before, waved to the camera while smiling.

"So, had anything changed since the last time we saw you?"

"Oh, definitely not!"

"So, one question is, what's the worst part of inviting a new cast member into the cast?" The interviewer, Charlotte, asked. After a second, Rose answered.

"I'd say the worst part is saying goodbye to old cast members, because they are leaving the cast! I love our cast and couldn't be sadder to say goodbye to friends even while welcoming new ones!"

"I agree, but I also want to mention, as sad is it may be, some people just don't mesh well with a certain cast. It sucks, but it's true." Aaron explained, smiling as Rose nodded her head in agreement.

As the rest of the interview went on, viewers could tell the difference from the last appearance of the two. They were genuinely happy. And, some noticed the slight touches that Aaron would give Rose whenever he could.

Many grew suspicious, why was the whole atmosphere around Rose and Aaron shifted? What had happened? No one really knew, well, except for Rose and Aaron.

Soon enough, the interview ended and Rose and Aaron went back to Aaron's apartment. For people who almost immediately 'hated' each other, Rose grew comfortable around Aaron and his home very easily. It helped having his dog, Miles, around too.

"You know, I might just need to steal him," Rose said, playing with Miles on the floor. Aaron looked over, smiling softly as he saw the two interact with one another.

"Why steal him when you see him everyday?" Aaron teased, rolling his eyes playfully. Rose glared playfully at Aaron, getting up from the floor and walking over to Aaron.

Aaron placed the knife—that he was cutting food with—down on the counter, turning to wrap his arms around Roses waist. Rose wrapped her own arms around Aaron's neck, smiling brightly at him.

"You are so gorgeous, how is it possible?" Aaron whispered, his eyes scanning over her face, almost as if he was scared to forget the way she looked.

"You're too sweet," Rose blushed, leaning up to press a soft kiss to his lips. Yeah, that kiss turned into more. It was hard to not get a little passionate, especially when it came Rose and Aaron.

Aaron took one of his hands from her waist and placed it on Roses cheek, deepening the kiss. Rose gasped softly as she felt Aaron's tongue swipe her bottom lip, allowing his tongue to slip into her mouth.

They could never get tired of this, this love. It had never felt more right, and it never will feel wrong ever again. They were in love, for sure. Did they say it? No. They were too caught up in the moment, and too caught up in this kiss. They were too caught up in each other.

AUTHORS NOTE !
I <3 being cringy in my cliché romantic writing
ANYWAYS the next few chapters will be big time skips bc this book is coming to a close soon ☹️