💖Kiss?🖤

I tap my foot constantly on the floor because of the anxiousness I feel inside me

I tap my foot constantly on the floor because of the anxiousness I feel inside me. I still can't believe that Shantanu and his whole family are coming to my house for rishta. I mean I know it's not for me and it's for aashu di but still!

Actually 2 days back, the day after the party incident, papa told us that the Singhania family had sent Armaan Singhania's rishta for Aashika di, and Armaan Singhania is none other than Shantanu's eldest cousin brother.

I don't know how this happened but yeah  it happened and now those people can  arrive here anytime. Oh god! I don't think I can face him, especially when I don't even know if that kiss was just a dream or not.

That's why I really hope he does not come with his family today. Kanja ji please itna favour kar do, please!

I pray to god hoping he would help me.
"Aaru", I hear ma's voice and instantly walk towards the kitchen to find her preparing something.

"What happened ma?"

" Go and tell your sister to start getting ready. Those people can arrive any minute",  she instructs me without looking at me.

"Okay",  I say and go towards the stairs. I am about to ascend them when the door bell rings making my eyes wide.

"Laado, Jake darwaza kholo", ( Dear, go and open the door), my dadi says and instantly mom and dad come into the drawing room leaving all the work they were doing.

Ma signals me towards the door, and I nod weakly, while praying to God again and again in my mind. As I reach the door, I take a deep breath and open the door to find his whole family standing there.

Mom, dad and dadi come from behind and start to greet his family while I too join my hands in respect and welcome them in. They all usher in but he is nowhere to be seen.

A weird kind of disappointment hits my heart, along with a slight relief making me confused about my own feelings. But I shake off the feeling and is about to close the door when his dad speaks up,
"Are beta wait, Shantanu is outside. He is about to come."

Uncle's words make my lips turn up into a smile I look around the porch to find Shantanu and there he is in black kurta, removing something from the trunk of the car. His sleeves are rolled and so his veins are flexing as he moves his arms. He holds the box in one hand and closes the trunk with the other making me completely stunned by his charms.

It should be illegal to look so beautiful, I think to myself while smiling and he turns the very next moment making our eyes crash, stealing my breath away.

He starts to walk towards me and with his every step I find my heart accelerating more and my breaths getting shorter. Finally he climbs the stairs and comes directly in front of me.

"Hi there", he whispers and gives me one of the most rare smiles of his, killing me without any actual weapon.

"Are beta waha kya khade ho andar aao", my dadi's voice breaks my spell and I realise I am standing in his way so I quickly move away as he enters in.