13

Shehnaaz sat between many ladies who were singing songs while her mama and mami came forward to make her wear chooda which she couldn't see .
They made her wear the choora and then wrapped them in chooda covers.

Today was her marriage. She was finally bidding bye to everyone in her family. Her mother stood in a corner trying to control her tears.
She stood up to go to the makeup artist prior. As she started to leave by hugging everyone , her tears couldn't stop anymore. She cried hugging her father tightly.

With heavy heart she went to get ready for her day. How many times she has dreamed this. Getting ready for her wedding. Waiting for her baraat. But when its coming true , her heart feels so heavy that she can't tell anyone.
No doubt she is having the best family and a companion she could ask for. But what about her own family. Where she spent her entire childhood. Where she has grown up. Its time to bid bye to everyone.

***

There was a whole chaos in the Shukla Mansion. Dadi sat with the guests while ordering the maids to do this and that. She was constantly nagging at Mrs Shukla to call Sidharth who has gone out for his outfit which was not fitting him at the last moment.

As he stepped inside house , he literally got a lecture from dadi who seemed to be annoyed at his behaviour. And Sidharth's reply made her more irritated. He said , " Isliye main bol raha tha shadi nahi karni.. aapki wajah se kar raha hoon"

"Rakhi...isko dekhle abhi bhi kaisi baatein kar raha hai..." , Dadi complained to Mrs Shukla who looked at Sidharth annoyingly for teasing Dadi at this moment.

"Sidharth...jao jaldi jao.. aur ready ho jao... Abhi bohot saari rasmein karni hai.. " , His mother ordered him to which he shrugged it and went to eat ice cream with his bhabhi who was sitting with a huge baby bump. Her 8th month had started already. Pratiksha chuckled at his behaviour.

"Maine aisa dulha pehli baar dekha hai jo last mein taiyaar hoga..jao jaldi.. Its already 5..7 baje we have to take baraat. Main to bohot dajce karungi " , Pratiksha giggled making him raise his eyebrows

"Haan haan naach lena..meri barbaadi pe mujhe chod ke sab hi to naachenge", he said faking sadness

"Beta pata hai mujhe tumhara... Koi barbaadi nahi h... Sabse zyada tum khush ho.. Shehnaaz hai asli dukhi..
Subah se do baar ro chuki hai", Pratiksha said getting teary

"Ye kitna roti hai... Main konsa zulm karunga ispe... Maine call kiya tha.. tab bhi ro rahi thi.." , sidharth said as he felt bad for her

"Yaar royegi nai kya... apna ghar chorne mein kise khushi hoti hai" , Pratiksha said making sense

"Haan...but aap to nai roye they.. thoda sa bas roye they sabko dikhane.. fir to khush ho gayi thi..." , Sidharth joked making her whine

"Dadi..dadi...", Pratiksha called dadi making Sidharth sush her

"Ek baar shadi hone do..fir sabse badla lunga.. jo mera jeena haram kar rakha hai..naa insaan shanti se so sakta hai..naa khaa sakta hai.. jab dekho to.. Sidharth ye rasam h..wo rasam h.. " , Sidharth made an irritated face

"Haan haan..mat bata..maine bhi shadi ki hai... Sirf teri nahi ho rahi" , Shourya said coming from the back.

And Sidharth stood up to go not before glaring them both as Dadi again came to her to nag him for getting ready.
As he went inside his room , he went in the shower to get ready for the day , but seems his friends have taken duty to make him angry. They literally threw holi colour on him. Atleast they did it in the washroom. If by chance they made his room dirty , His mother would have killed him. She recently has renovated his room filling with some nude and pastel colours. Earlier his room had shades of black and grey only. His wardrobe was changed too. Creating space for his would be...