1

The baraat had just entered the venue and the bride's family arrived to welcome their son-in-law and his extended family.
Party songs were playing in the background and all the baraatis were dancing madly except one.

"Areeeyyyyy Sidharth aa na yaar...kya boring bana firta hai", a person in his mid 20s shouted enough for the person to hear..

A person with a bit of dark complexion shifted his gaze from his phone to the person who was calling probably him..
His skin was glowing due to the lights.
He was wearing a black kurta with a black embroidered jacket and complemented his looks with black matching shoes.His messy hairs were falling on his forehead.
He was looking hell handsome and it would be a lie if any girl didn't drool over him.He knew well about the girls but didn't reacted much to it.
It wasn't new for him..He was used to it.Be it his college.. university or his office..Girls never left a chance to drool over him.

"Nai yaar...tu kar dance..I am not into this bhai", he said almost shouting telling the other person.. Probably his cousin

The baratis were warmly welcomed with all the rituals and it was the time for the bride's entry...
All the lights were dim and low hymns of a beautiful song was heard...
Everyone's attention shifted to the bride who was walking on the aisle with her veil reaching till her neck..

"Shourya ki Dulhaniya" , it was embroidered on the dupatta which was worn by the bride..
She was walking looking down and the groom , Shourya was overwhelmed by this moment..He dreamed for it..and now finally the promises he made to his love will be true..
Pratiksha , the person whom he had fought with his family for , was finally sitting beside her as her bride..He couldn't help but admire her..He was so in love with her.While she being a shy girl couldn't even see him.

Soon all the rituals of the wedding were started and Sidharth as told by his mother was behaving like a full sanskari and typical type of boy who is interested in all the rituals and talks of the relatives..He was sitting watching all the rituals performed by the bride and groom.

Sidharth's pov

I was getting hell frustrated as I didn't slept the whole night yesterday due to my pending work and today is my brother's wedding.
I was just waiting impatiently for the wedding to finish so that I could go back to my home and sleep like there's no tomorrow..

Soon all the rituals were finished but only one rasam was left..It was joota churai..My cousins had made all the plan for it and now they all are sleeping like there's no tomorrow..I was caught awake by my mama ji and he asked me to talk to my brother's saalis to convince them for 20k..
Getting annoyed I walked up to the mandap where my brother was sitting looking all tired and frustrated..He gestured me to talk to his saalis

To be honest I am not at all interested for this stupid si rasam..and I don't even know anybody here..No no no..I know one person...My bhabhi's sister..but man she is too annoying..She talks like a chatterbox and behaves like a queen in her home..Man how does her parent's handle her..

And as expected she came to me with my brother's shoes in her hand..I forwarded my arm to get them but she refused to give them..

"Aise nai chalega....pehle ham sabko paise do uske baad jiju ke joote milenge aapko" , she said

"Kis baat ke paise..khareeda to bhai ne apne paiso se hai..to konse paise chahiye tumko..kuch to sharam karo..mera bhai bechara itna thak gaya hai..par tumlog ko paiso ki padi hai" , he reverted back to her leaving her speechless

"Aap side hato..main apne jiju se baat kar lungi" , she said and it almost felt like a slap to me.Till today no girl has talked to me in this way. I smiled at her like an idiot..I should be angry..Right?