11

Shehnaaz's pov

There was hustle bustle going on. Kabir bhai was busy at the venue from the morning whereas Kirti bhabhi cross checked all the gifts. Its technically the last wedding of this generation and Kabir bhai and Papa wanted it to be super grand.

I was sitting in my home with a sheet mask as the makeup artist would be coming by now to make me ready.
It is my engagement today. And to be honest I am literally feeling jitters for the first time in my life. Today our wedding date would be announced too. And soon I will have to leave my comfort place alone. I am still not ready for this change. But one benefit I am getting is that There  will be zero Politics in my Sasural. As my MIL is soo sweet that she won't say anything. My jethani is my own sister. I will not let her bully me. And dadi she is my favourite. I mean I have met her 2-3 times only but I make sure to call her now and then. I don't want them to think that I am rude and all. Also I always lacked the love of my grandparents. I was too small when they died.. so I never really understood what is the actual feeling of getting love from your dadu and dadi.

Currently I am sitting now as the makeup artist has decided to break my backbone. I am sitting here from last 2 hours and she still says that it will take one hour more.. uff. I don't know what will happen when I will have to get ready on my wedding day.

After 2 hours more I was finally ready and then headed for the venue with my bhabhi. I had already got a call from di that they have already reached and are waiting for me only.

I was taken to the guest room and then there entered my over excited sister who ran to me. I warned her to be careful as her 2nd trimester had already started and had a little visible bump.

"Hayyyeeee meri pyaari behna..kinni soni lag rahi hai" , she said as she looked at me lovingly while I just smiled.

Then there came Dadi , Maa and Shriya. I bent down to touch their feets taking their blessings but they just hugged me instead.

"Kisi ki nazar na lage mere bacche.. khush raho", Maa said taking me in her embrace.

Shriya chirped meeting me. We had a Bonding from the starting so she was literally my good friend before.

Then Shourya jiju came too..

Jiju teased me and asked me to call him bhaiya now

"Shehnaaz...ab se main bhaiya hoon.. aur Pratiksha bhabhi..ye di jiju band karo ab.. " , he looked at me while I just stayed quiet and smiled as the makeup artist told me to not talk much as the makeup will get crease lines.. uff its such a headache to get married

Soon everyone left and I sat there alone. I looked at the entrance as I thought maybe he will come too , to see me but then he didn't came. Maybe he is Busy with his friends and family so I just looked down while I noticed somebody coming towards me. I moved my eyelashes too see the person infront of me. And there he was. Standing in all his glory. He wore a maroon shirt matching with my gown. Above it he wore a black vest and a black tuxedo. I would be lying if I say he was looking good. He was looking smoking hot and I couldn't take off my eyes from his face.

He came near me and made me stand up. As I stood up he came near me and kissed my forehead lightly.

"Such a pretty wife I am getting" , he spoke and a red hue spread over my face. I looked down while he held my hand in his fist.

"Chalein", he asked looking at my face and I nodded lightly

We entered the main hall together. And I suddenly felt too shy as all the eyes were on us. Our lightest movement was being noticed. The photographers came to us like we are some sweet or what. I suddenly felt a hand sliding my waist lightly as he mumbled a "calm down", to me. Did he hear my heart beat or what?
I heard the background song being played and literally wanted to vibe on them. But...I controlled somehow. Its my engagement yaar. I have to just do one thing. That is blushing.. too cliche.. I know 😉