Chapter 10 : Longing

Jungkook sat on his bed, staring blankly at the wall as the words of his family echoed in his mind.

-

"It's not the time, Kook," Namjoon's grip on his arm was firm.

Jungkook turned and looked at him, his eyes glistening as his pent-up emotions hit him hard.

"Then tell me when that damn time will come, hyung! It's been two torturous years since I last saw him. When will it come? Tell me!" he lashed out, his voice cracking.

He pried his hand away from Namjoon's grip, his entire body shaking with the intensity of his feelings, leaving him breathless and on the verge of tears.

Namjoon sighed, "Jungkook, you're not thinking clearly right now. If you go to meet him now, it won't change anything. It'll only make things worse than they already are."

Jungkook fell silent, his mind in chaos, clouding his thoughts and making it hard to think straight.

"But I need to see him. I can't... I can't wait any longer," his voice trembled.

Mrs. Jeon stood up and came towards him.

"Kook, you should calm down. We understand how you feel, but Namjoon is right. We can't rush things now. It will only lead to more chaos," her concern evident in her eyes.

It was really hard for her to see her son like this.

Jungkook looked around and saw his family's concerned faces.

He took a deep, shaky breath, trying to control the turmoil inside.

Deep down, he knew they were right, but it didn't make the ache in his heart any less painful.

"Okay," he finally managed to say, his voice still wavering.

The battle within him raged on, torn between his heart and reason.

-

"I have to be patient," he mumbled to himself, though it felt like the hardest thing to do.

As he sat there, he thought about what he might have done if Namjoon hadn't stopped him from rushing out.

The fear of making more mistakes weighed heavily on him. He was somehow glad that Namjoon had intervened; he couldn't afford to act impulsively again.

But the urge to see Taehyung was increasing with each passing second. It was really hard to keep his legs still as they constantly tried to just run to his champ.

Namjoon had strictly told him not to do anything that might worsen the situation. That was the only thing keeping him together.

He had been in his room the entire day, his mind consumed by thoughts of ways to meet Taehyung.

Just then, he remembered the dinner, and his face lit up with a spark of hope.

He glanced out of the window the sun setting behind the horizon. By this time, Namjoon might have returned.

He quickly stood up and made his way to his hyung's room, knocked on the door twice, and waited a few seconds before he heard a faint "Come in."

He pushed open the door and saw Namjoon standing in front of a mirror, wiping his face with a towel.

As soon as he noticed Jungkook, he turned to him. "Jungkook?"