Rock Bottoms Basement

╔════════════╗

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN;

Rock Bottoms Basement

╚════════════╝

TWO YEARS AGO

Aurora woke up to the sound of singing drifting in from the kitchen, the soft notes intertwining with the early morning sunlight peeking through the curtains. She blinked sleepily, a smile forming on her lips as she recognized the voice. It was Ezra, his melodic tones filling the apartment with warmth and love.

She stretched lazily, her heart fluttering with joy as the realization hit her: it was her birthday. And Ezra was there, singing just for her. The scent of freshly brewed coffee and something delicious baking wafted through the air, making her stomach rumble in anticipation.

Aurora pushed the covers aside and slipped out of bed, her bare feet padding quietly across the wooden floor. She paused for a moment at the doorway of their bedroom, soaking in the sight before her.

Ezra stood in the kitchen, his back to her, swaying slightly as he sang. He was making breakfast, the counters cluttered with ingredients and utensils, a testament to his efforts. A stack of pancakes was already forming on a plate, and he was now working on what looked like a batch of scrambled eggs.

Aurora's smile widened, her heart swelling with love and gratitude. She leaned against the doorframe, watching him for a moment longer, wanting to capture this perfect scene in her memory forever.

"Is this how you serenade all your birthday girls?" she teased, stepping into the kitchen.

Ezra turned around, a wide grin spreading across his face as he saw her. "Only my favourite ones," he replied, his eyes sparkling with affection. "Usually the top three,"

"Ah, so I'm top three?" Aurora walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his waist and leaning into his embrace. "You're too good to me," she murmured, resting her head against his chest.

"Not possible," he said, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. "Besides, it's your birthday. You deserve to be spoiled."

She looked up at him, her eyes shining with happiness. "Well, consider me spoiled," she said, standing on her tiptoes to kiss him.

Ezra kissed her back, his lips soft and tender against hers. When they finally pulled apart, he turned back to the stove, flipping the eggs with practised ease. "Breakfast is almost ready," he said. "Why don't you sit down and I'll bring it over?"

Aurora did as he suggested, settling into her usual spot at the small kitchen table. She watched as Ezra finished up, his movements sure and confident. It was moments like this that she cherished the most, the simple, everyday moments that made their life together so special.