Stevie, Give Me a Song

╔════════════╗

CHAPTER NINE;

Stevie, Give Me a Song

╚════════════╝

"Seems like you're in high spirits this weekend," Sebastian remarked, strolling through the bustling paddock alongside Aurora, who wore a wide grin.

"Absolutely," she replied, shooting him a playful wink. "It's Porsche's first podium weekend, after all."

Sebastian chuckled, enjoying her newfound enthusiasm. "Don't count your chickens before they hatch," he cautioned, though his tone was light. "But I must admit, I'd love to see it happen. Think you can pull it off?"

"I know I can," Aurora asserted confidently.

"I can't tell if that's just enthusiasm or outright arrogance," Sebastian teased.

"What if it's a little bit of both?" she countered with a mischievous grin.

Sebastian shrugged. "Guess we'll just have to wait and see." They continued through the bustling crowd toward the Porsche garage, taking in the familiar scene as they approached.

Maverick engaged in a playful tussle with Paddy, one of the mechanics, each trying to gain control of a stubborn spanner. Amidst the chaos, Tilly, one of the social media team members, couldn't contain her laughter as she captured the scene on camera. The other mechanics, instead of intervening, were too busy enjoying the spectacle. Nearby, Goose seemed to be having the time of his life in the arms of Rory's trainer, Matthew, who cradled him like a baby and rocked him gently.

Sebastian couldn't help but be amused. "Supposed to be a serious workplace," he halfheartedly protested, gesturing toward the canine commotion.

Aurora grinned. "But look at Paddy, he's loving it," she remarked, nodding toward the mechanic who was now on the receiving end of Maverick's affectionate licks. As Paddy chuckled and loosened his grip on the spanner, Maverick seized the opportunity, darting away with his prize.

However, Maverick's victory was short-lived. "Maverick!" Cora's voice pierced through the laughter, demanding the return of the stolen tool. "Give it back!" The atmosphere in the garage shifted as all eyes turned sheepishly toward Cora. With his tail between his legs, Maverick reluctantly returned the spanner and slunk back toward Aurora and Sebastian, seeking refuge behind Sebastian's legs as if hoping to become invisible.

Sebastian knelt down to give Maverick a comforting stroke, grumbling about the chaos the dogs seemed to cause wherever they went. Cora approached, joining the small group.