72 | Tears or Rain. Maybe Both.

21 BBY, Month 8

Hunter scratched at his chin absentmindedly after he closed the lid to his box containing all of his belongings

Hunter scratched at his chin absentmindedly after he closed the lid to his box containing all of his belongings. It surprised him to see all he owned was really not that much. He had his gear, his knives, and his...well, that was it. Crosshair had an even smaller pack to take with him. Hunter and Crosshair weren't ones to keep memorabilia. Tech and Wrecker on the other hand, were the opposite. Tech needed a box just for his wires, another for his many cases of data cartridges that held all his recordings and pictures. And inventions. There were a lot of those.

Wrecker just had a lot of things he collected—ninety percent of his belongings were food containers and candy wrappers from treats he snuck in. Clones were rarely allowed to have sweet treats. But of course, Wrecker found a way past it—a.k.a. 99.

Hunter's heart dropped to his gut at the thought of one of the first defective clones. One of the first (and only) outside of the Proto-Clones to accept the Batch for who they were. With 99 gone, it was a lot easier to say goodbye to Kamino. But he'd still have to say goodbye to Sil, Omicron, Zeta, Sigma, Kenny, and Delta. Well, he'd pass up on Delta, though the man always gave good battlefield advice. Hunter knew of how Delta treated Crosshair and Hunter didn't like it.

"You ready?" Crosshair asked, snapping Hunter from his thoughts.

Hunter stood up from his crouched position, tapping the box with his foot. "I guess so."

Crosshair looked around the room. "Can't say I'll miss this place."

Hunter scrunched his nose. "Can't say I'll miss the smell."

Crosshair laughed out his nose, crossing his arms as he leaned against the wall. "I'll miss being around you all 24/7. Maybe." Crosshair looked down, eyes darkening as a cloud seemed to hover over him. "Never not been around you."

Hunter strode over to his brother, clapping him on the back. "But you've never had the chance to. And now you get the chance to start a life with Rylann. The girl you've crushed on since you basically met her."

"Technically, not the first couple of months," Crosshair said, pulling out a toothpick to place between his teeth. "I actually disliked her immensely."

"Okay, Tech," Hunter said with a friendly scoff. "You disliked everyone. She brought out a softness in you."

Crosshair's lips twitched upwards as his toothpick rolled. "And what did I bring out in her?"

Hunter rolled his eyes. "A rebellious side."

Crosshair tilted his head. "That was already there." He took out his toothpick to flick it at Hunter. "I might have just enhanced it."

Before Hunter could respond, there was a banging at the door. "Hunter! Cross! Hurry up!" came Wrecker's booming voice as it slid open, the giant clone almost tumbling in. "You lot are taking forever!"