22 | Premonition

22 BBY, Month 7

Rylann

Rylann did everything in her power to avoid Old Tally and her eternal well of facts, but to no avail

Rylann did everything in her power to avoid Old Tally and her eternal well of facts, but to no avail. She was stuck with Tallehna Kittro in the elevator, waiting for her floor to ping on the screen above the door.

"I'm looking forward to working more closely with the clones," Tally said, arms crossed in front of her, reminiscent of Shaak Ti. The blond female looked at Rylann who diverted her eyes. "You've been around them longer than me. I've heard that they are notorious for having vastly different personalities. Is that true?"

Rylann nodded, pursing her lips. "Yep."

Tally looked ahead, nodding thoughtfully. "It's so strange that they come from the same DNA, yet are so different."

"I hear that natural twins have different personalities even if they are identical," Rylann defended, giving Tally a side eye.

Tally just blinked. "Yet they were created and bred to be soldiers, but I feel that that has made them more human than the Kaminoans wished for."

Rylann couldn't disagree. If one messed around too much with trying to create the perfect soldier, the more flaws would occur in the creation. And what the Kaminoans saw as flaws, Rylann saw as humanity.

"That's what makes them such great soldiers," Rylann stated finally as the elevator door swung open. She exited the lift, glancing at the older Jedi soberly. "Free will, creative thinking, distinct persons—the Separatists don't stand a chance."

"If that is what it takes to win, we would have won long ago," Tally said as the doors shut, cutting her from Rylann's view.

Ry wished it was that easy to win a war.

"Ryle?" A familiar voice brought her back to reality.

Turning to face the sniper, Rylann smiled broadly. "Crosshair, you're back."

A small smile tugged at his lips as he leaned against the wall, crossing his arms. "What brings you to this level?"

Rylann flushed. "Hoping to run into you guys," she replied honestly. "I heard you were back and Ahsoka is busy with finding new squads for the 501st. Figured I'd wait in the training room until you guys decided to show up."

Crosshair raised a brow at the mention of the padawan. "Ahsoka... a friend of yours?"

"Yeah, from the temple. We were younglings together," Rylann replied walking toward him before stopping to place her hands on her hip. "Are you gonna sit there and sulk like a toddler or are you going to give me a hug?"

Cross's eyes widened before narrowing. "I don't do hugs."

Rylann deflated. "Geez, it's not that I missed you or anything."