Chapter 22: Household Bonding

Nightfall
Abandoned Observatory
3rd Person POV
During the night, two magic circles of different colors appeared. One was red and the other was blue. Both had different sigils. Out arrived the two households led by two heiresses. Rias Gremory and Sona Sitri.

Hajime: Can someone remind me why every stray devil is in some abandoned place?

Akeno: Wouldn't you want to hide in a place like this?

Reya: No person would ever come up here to bother them at the same time when you think about it Hajime.

Hajime: Hmmm...fair enough. You got a point.

Saji: But why are the two households together?

Sona: The group we'll be dealing with is apparently a developing gang of a bunch of minor stray devils. And a gang like that can be dangerous.

Rias: It appears they've been growing as well. But this will be easy.

Koneko: Many of them are near. Let's stay on guard.

The group entered the building and saw many bones around.

Kiba: So it's as the report said. They've been eating people too.

Ruruko: Could it be that they're ghouls?

Momo: Unlikely. Ghouls would not leave a trace of the corpse they eat. So I don't think so.

As everyone was walking together, Hajime stopped and grabbed a skeleton and turned to Issei in a playful manner and in a goofy skeleton voice. He was also moving the jaw like the skeleton was actually talking.

Hajime: I have a joke for you! What is a skeleton's favorite snack?

Issei started smiling and shaking his head.

Issei: I dunno.

Hajime: Go on. Guess.

Issei: Death?

Hajime: No...Go on. Guess.

Issei: I dunno.

Hajime: Come on! Guess!

Issei started to giggle a little bit.

Hajime: Why are you laughing?! I haven't told the punchline yet! What is a skeleton's favorite snack?!

Hajime began to sound louder.

Hajime: Guess!

Issei: I-Uh..Fres-

Hajime: GUESS! FUCK!

Hajime hit the skeleton against the wall and aimed it back at Issei, moving its jaw still.

Hajime: GUESS GOD DAMN YOU!

Issei looked down and was doing his best not to laugh.

Hajime: WHY WON'T YOU ANSWER ME?! WHAT IS MY FAVORITE SNACK?!

Issei: B-Bones?!

Hajime shook the skeleton as if it was mad.

Hajime: NO!

He slammed the skeleton against the wall Issei was at giggling. He turned to him again.

Hajime: NO! WHAT IS IT...?! WHY MUST YOU FAIL ME SO OFTEN?!

It was silent for a bit until Hajime yelled.

Hajime: RIIIBS!!! SPARE RIBS! FUCK!!

Hajime slammed the skeleton on the ground, causing it to break apart. The group turned to the pawn duo and they whistled off to them, as if nothing had happened.