chapter 16.

Ding Dong

Mayra's POV

I was just about to drift off when a loud bang on the door jolted me awake

"I'll check," Aashika said, jumping up from her bed.

I followed her, curiosity and a hint of dread creeping in. It was already 10 at night, and we weren’t expecting anyone. My mind raced, thinking it could be my stalker. Had he figured out I was leaving? Was he here for Aashika?

Aashika cautiously opened the door, and to our surprise, Aadvik stood there, holding a bouquet of tulips and another bouquet of lilies.

"How are my favorite ladies doing?" he asked with a broad smile.

"You scared us, asshole!" I blurted out, my heart still pounding.

"It's never too late for me to make sure you have fun on your last day in Delhi, is it?" he said, handing me the tulip bouquet. Aashika must have told him. He smiled—or maybe even blushed—when he handed the beautiful bouquet of lilies to Aashika. The sight before me was wholesome. Aashika was finally being treated right. A green flag just walked into her life. I was so thankful to Aadvik for making her happy.

"What are you doing here, Aadvik?" Aashika asked, her voice firm, her eyes locked on his. It felt dreamy to my eyes.

"I missed you," Aadvik replied, not missing a chance to flirt.

"And I am going to kill you for disturbing my beauty sleep," I interrupted, feeling a bit left out.

"Yes, yes, sorry my lady. My main reason to come here was you only. Sorry, Aashika," he said, grinning.

"I am happy you came," she replied, a playful smile dancing on her lips.

"Now both of you have 15 minutes to go and wear some backless dresses. We are hitting the bar," Aadvik announced excitedly.

I realized I hadn’t hit a bar in forever, and Delhi was known for its nightlife. I didn’t want to miss this.

"But it’s late," Aashika hesitated, not too fond of bars.

"I can’t let your best friend miss that," Aadvik replied.

"Fine," she said, grabbing my hand playfully as we made our way to our room.

"There’s soda in the fridge, help yourself till then!" I screamed from the room.

In our room, Aashika and I rummaged through our closets, searching for the perfect outfits. I found a sleek, black backless dress that I hadn’t worn in ages. Aashika chose a stunning red dress that highlighted her curves. As we dressed, we laughed and chatted about how unexpected and thrilling this night was turning out to be.

 As we dressed, we laughed and chatted about how unexpected and thrilling this night was turning out to be