Chapter 40: Thus Ends the Battle

The other shards stood in shock, they assumed that me and Sloth were destroyed.

"How? You get destroyed if you are force absorbed."

"You are right. We would be destroyed if we are absorbed by force."

My smirk caused them to realize my meaning. Envy was furious.

"You little *****. How could you come up with a plan like this? Innocence is supposed to be the dumb naïve one. There's no way!!!"

Sloth smiled.

"Fools, utter fools. Innocence evolved."

Their eyes widened as they realized I had surpassed my mental limitations. Innocence, the naïve one who wanted to befriend everyone was no more. I was Rose, the arcane dragon.

I stood up.

"Now, you don't know how to get out of here, but we do, so I'll tell you what."

They looked at me expectantly.

"I'll tell you what to do to get out if you all promise to withdraw and flee."

This caused Wrath's eyes to narrow.

"So, you are saying that if we run, you will let us out?"

"Yep. Only after you promise."

Wrath was furious, she knew that she wouldn't be able to get out without our help, but she also knew that she would damage her chances of being core if she conceded.

Envy was also angry, but she realized the effect of the area.

"We can't merge here, can we?"

"Correct. Unless you give up and leave, we will simply sit here, trapped for eternity."

"Unless we find a way out."

"Wrath darling, why do you think me and Sloth got caught too. You can't leave unless all of us do the required action."

Her eyes widened as she realized the full extent of my plan.

"Such underhanded methods... I can't say I'm not impressed, but I will still be the core, but for at least now, I promise to withdraw."

The other shards promised to do the same after a bit more prodding. Even Envy.

"I have no army, so it would be useless to withdraw my army, but I will leave."

"Very well, to leave, all of us need to condense our evil to the point that it isn't noticeable to anyone. Even each other."

Me and Sloth demonstrated, and the others followed suit. Then the door unlocked, and we left.

_

We were back in the world, after standing, Wrath gave me a harsh glare before shouting.

"Men! We withdraw for now!"

The evil army started a march heading away from the capital, and Gluttony called for her troops to also move out.

Peace smiled and looked at me.

"Thank you for solving it. Men we withdraw as well!"

"Hai!"

Peace and Benevolence left as well, then Envy stood alone, glaring at me.

"You are getting smart. I won't make the foolish mistake of underestimating you again. Watch your back, Rose."

Then Envy was gone, a teleport.