PART - 10

Shaurya was cutting fruits in the kitchen while Siya was sitting on the slab beside and instructing him and he like a good friend is following all her instructions.

"Alle... cut small small pieces uncle...", Siya instructed

"Okay okay... sorry", Shaurya said making it two... "Is this fine ?", Shaurya asked...

"Aul chota(Aur chota/even smaller)", she said and he cut it again...

"This should be fine", Shaurya asked slicing the apple piece again...Siya slapped her forehead...

"Isse bhi chota ? (even smaller than this ?)", Shaurya asked getting surprised...

"Yes... This small", Siya said showing her fingers...

"Siya bache... Apple isn't diced to such small pieces, have it like this, I'll help you eat...", Shaurya said but Siya shook her head...

"No... Mumma cuts it into small small pieces... Mumma scolded Licha aunty badly because she tlied(tried) to feed me like this", Siya said showing the apple slice in Shaurya's hand...

"Okay... Okay, I'll make it smaller...", Shaurya said dicing the slice, and finally, Siya was satisfied looking at the size... Shaurya sighed in relief but it was momentary...

"Eww... This is vely haad (very hard)", Siya kept a 'yuk' face as soon as she put it in her mouth... She is looking here and there to spit it, Shaurya smiled at such a well-mannered child at such an age... he forwarded his hand asking her to spit it as he couldn't find a cover or a tissue... She shook her head... Her mumma told its very bad manners...

"It's okay bache... I'll throw it and wash my hands...", Shaurya insisted and she did it as she couldn't tolerate the hardness and raw taste of the apple... Akansha gives her boiled apples always to help her with chewing and with digestion.

Shaurya came back after washing his hands...

"Mumma gives choft(soft) apple", Siya said

"Huh ?", Shaurya kept a confused face...

"Choft Choft...", Siya acted and then Shuarya realized she meant 'soft'. God! understanding a 4-year old's vocab is sometimes very difficult, he realized.

"How come she gives a soft apple ?", he asked her... 'Did she mean rotten ?", Shaurya said it for fun, it was just a thought that arose in his head but he suddenly blurted it out, and he realized it only when he felt the little girl's glares...

"My mumma doesn't give me lotten(rotten), You ale(are) bad... Don't talk about my mumma like that... Siya doesn't like it, she will get angly(angry)", Siya said angrily...

"It was supposed to be a joke Siya bacha... Why would I say anything bad about your mumma, I know she is a wonderful woman... I'm sorry...", Shaurya said and Siya nodded forgiving him for this time, but she was still angry, she couldn't hear anything against her 'mamabear'. She is very protective of her. "Sorry Siya bache... Forgive me this one time, don't be angry with your friend, please...", Shaurya said holding his ears and this time Siya giggled seeing him holding his ears... He smiled at her and mentally noted not to slip his tongue ever... He cursed his fate, he always stayed mindful of what he utters, it was one time he let his guard down and it messed up his friendship with his little girl...

"Okay, so, how do I make this soft, any idea ?", Shaurya asked her, she blew a raspberry with her cute lips telling him that she had no idea, he chuckled at her gesture... Thankfully, Mrs. Sudha walked inside the kitchen at the very same time...

"Ah! Thank God you are here Mrs. Sudha... Please tell me how this apple becomes soft...", started Shaurya and explained the whole issue... Mrs. Sudha laughed at Shaurya's words...