Brother-in-law is kinda sus

'Who did this to you?' Mina was horrified looking at the burn marks on her sister's hand. Jiwon pulled down her sleeve hastily and replied, 'Ohh, It's nothing. You know I'm clumsy, got these marks when I make accidents in the kitchen.' she laughed it off.

Mina at once knew those burns were not from making little mistakes in the kitchen. Sana stood there watching as she connected the dots. She knows something her mother is hiding from Mina,' Mom never makes mistakes in the kitchen. It was father who did this to you. I saw you both fighting over laundry-' Jiwon cut off her daughter by telling her she had the wrong idea and sent her to her room.

'Is what she said true, Jiwon?' Mina tried her best to maintain her composure. Jiwon took a glance at the clock. The time was 12:38 AM. Twenty-two minutes left until her husband Wonwoo comes back home.

Mina sat on the sofa and patted the space beside her, beckoning Jiwon to sit and pour out the struggles she had buried deep inside her heart. 'Sana was right about me and my husband quarrelling.'

'What were you fighting over? Are there any financial issues you're facing?' she felt guilty for staying over at her sister's house when she was already struggling to make ends meet.

'No, we are financially stable.' Jiwon replied.

'Then why did he lay his hands on you?'

'He usually does his laundry. Since he has been busy on the farm, I washed his clothes, and the water turned red.' Jiwon continued, 'When I confronted him about it, he hit me.'

Mina was furious. She was raging with anger. How could he hit his wife? This is beyond forgiveness, Mina thought. She got up and asked Jiwon to show the way to the farm. She cannot tolerate anyone hitting her sister.

Jiwon started to cry. She had more to speak, but the words were stuck like thorns in her throat. Mina immediately sat down and embraced her in a warm hug. Patting her sister, Mina spoke words of consolation. After a few minutes, Jiwon had calmed and continued. 'He always wears black. When I saw blood while washing the clothes, I wanted to figure out why.'

'What does he do at the farm that covers his clothes in blood. What is he trying to hide?' Mina posed a question.

'The night before you arrived here, I and Sana were returning late from the farm. The street lights were broken on the path we usually took. We took the alternate route from the alley which passes from the graveyard.'

'and you saw the slender man?' Mina was the only one who laughed at this lame joke.

'Anyways, What were you doing so late at the farm?' asked Mina.

'Sana said her instincts were telling her to check on Cow.'

'Her favourite animal is a cow? That's so cutee~''

'No, Cow is the name of Sana's tuxedo cat.' replied Jiwon.

'Nice name.' said Mina.

'We hid behind the garbage box when we saw a man carrying a blood-covered sack to the graveyard. That man was Wonwoo.' Mina's mouth hung agape. Jiwon continued ' I didn't tell Sana about it. But she went around and spread the rumour. Sadly, an innocent man got falsely accused.'

The main door of the house opened when Jiwon finished speaking. She froze in her place.

There he stood in his all-black attire, 'Were you guys talking about me?' Wonwoo smiled.

How long has he been standing outside the door?