CHAPTER:23

ARNOLD

There was a sudden call for a shareholder meeting that I definitely didn't take as a good sign. As a matter of fact, I know they can't get rid of me, so what now? It is definitely suspicious since it has hardly been week that Nyal came back and the shareholders are aggressive. In the meeting, there was no call for dismissal or anything that serious but still I had to make sure they knew they could trust my company with their money to make more for them. 

I sent Nyal away home so that he could accompany Jane and her friend home, but I wanted to keep him away from this meeting. I did call on for him, but his expressions and him exchanging glances with Mr. Kim was too evident. I am not suspicious of him for maybe manipulating or miscommunicating about my business with my partner, but personal and business worlds are two different worlds I live with, so I need to deal with them that way.

It was a last-minute call so I didn't have much time to prepare. I was definitely surprised since the annual meeting for this year was not before next month but I guess my sales worked too much. I handle my businesses pretty seriously since I was the only one responsible for all of them but once the meeting had been dealt with, I came back home. I headed inside the door, tossing my car keys to my guard who went onto park it in the garage.

"You're early." Nyal looked at me. He was sitting on my couch as if it was his. I am not complaining though, but I don't like the idea of him and Jane under the same roof. It made me feel a burning sensation in my chest. I stared at him, poking my inner cheek; thinking of excuses to get him out of here now that I am back.

"What are you thinking? A thousand ways to murder me?" He laughed leaning his head back on the couch, turning to the television. 

"Yeah. And I think I just found one." I smiled evilly. I walked towards him, who looked alerted, sitting up straight. "Hey hey hey what are doin-" He patted his hands on the couch pretending to look for a possible defense equipment. I stopped just a step away from him, as he stopped too looking up at me, frowning. 

"I don't like this position. Should I blush?" I rolled my eyes, folding my arms on my chest, glaring down at the man who didn't give a damn about it. 

"What did you and Kim talk about?"

"What do you mean?" He folded his legs looking ahead at the screen.

"Your business trip was about a month long. You definitely didn't have a vacation when there is a lot going on here. So, what did you do? Catch crabs maybe?"

"Mm mm. Sounds good, let's do that when we go there it's a pretty good tourist attraction." He started to get on my nerves. Him dodging my questions made him seem even more suspicious but I can't imagine him out of all people betraying me. But if he did, I won't sit back and let him fuck with my company and reputation. 

"I'll ask you for the last time Nyal. What did you talk with Kim?" I stared down at him, as he finally teared his eyes away from the screen that I swear I would have smashed his face into if he were to ignore me any longer. He stood up giving me a carefree look, tucking his hands in his pockets.

"Why should I tell you? Its my business Ad. You know, business and personal life should be kept-" I grabbed his collars pushing him down on the leather couch, but he didn't defend himself, as if...........he was expecting this? 

Don't do this to me Nyal. Not you. Just not you. 

My inner voice begged.

"What shit did you feed him that he called on a meeting all of a sudden."

"Nothing that involves you holding me by my collar. Let. Go." He glared back. He was finally starting to feel the heat of the moment. I could see his veins popping out of his forehead. He was angry.