Lukewarm Christians

Lukewarm Christians? What are they? I've heard of that, what does it mean? Some may say.

A "Lukewarm Christian" is a Christian, but they don't live their lives very well to show this. They are Saved, maybe even go to church, but when with their friends may curse, do sexually immoral things, steal, drink excessively, hide their Christianity around certain people, and just not be very Christ-like. Most people may not know the person is Christian. They know God, but in their car of eternal life they try to say, "Okay God, thanks and all, but i've got this. I can drive just fine, i am doing well. Just enjoy the ride and let me steer"

Talk about backseat driving... 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️🤦

While "Lukewarm Christians" may not be all in and let God drive, an on-fire Christian says "God you drive! Just tell me what to do to make you more comfortable! If you need anything let me know!"

"Well Haleighbook, you make all of us sound like "Lukewarm Christians" in comparison to what you're saying we should be" -readers

Well [insert sharp reader here], we are all imperfect. Most of us have done at least one of these qualifications to be a "Lukewarm Christian". From our view it is easy to say "Well God, you must not know what you're doing. Clearly you're new at this. Let me get you some directions", it's so easy it seems right!

The thing is though, is we are like the little kid who thinks they're right that birds are drones. God is the parent likely trying not to be frustrated and laugh at the same time while trying to get us on the wrong track, even though our best friend who we know we can trust told us this, so we can believe them and it makes since.

We have absolutely no idea what we are doing! Just as clear as it is to those of us that eat poultry that birds are living creatures, is how clear it is to God that we have our eyes half open, can't see over our windowsill, and are balancing our crackers on our fingers that we couldn't know any worse where in the world we were.

We have to let God take the wheel. Only through Christ who strengthens us (Philippians 4:13) can we be on-fire for God Christians, instead of the Lukewarm Christians that still struggle with things and do not give their struggles to God. Let's all try to work closer to giving our all to Him, asking Him to transform us into the on-fire Christians that He would will for us to be.

"God is always fair. God All-Powerful does what is right"

Job 8:3 ERV