*Chapter Eleven*

We reached my home and I took out the keys from my purse and opened the door. I entered the home and switched on the lights.

“Come in.” I said.

He comes in and takes off his shoes. He started looking around.

I put my purse on the table and said, “you sit here, I’ll bring some water for you.”

The whole house was full of antique pieces and wooden sculptures. Some old paintings were hanging on the wall. Some indoor plants were also put there. The curtains are plain and bright soft colors.  It's decorated beautifully. It was comfy and warm. So many books are on the bookshelves in the one corner of the living room. A big wall watch was hanging on the other wall of the room. It's ticking sound giving an old movie or an old time vibe or something like that.

I came and gave him a glass of water, and sat down.

“Nice decoration.” he said.

“Huh?” I replied.

“House’s decoration.” He said, “It’s really beautiful. Who designed it? Your parents' taste is really nice. And who read them? Your parents?” he said pointing towards the books.

“No, it’s me.” I said while sipping water, “I like this kind of stuff. So I brought it all.”

“Oh, really?” He said surprisingly, “Nice, your taste is really good. Impressive. I also like to read.”

“Thanks, I really loved it.”

“Good,”

“Anyways, do you want something to eat? If you are hungry then tell me, I’ll make something for you. Because I think you didn’t eat much or maybe you didn’t like our food. So I’ll make something if you want.” I said.

“Ah, no, no I am fine and I liked the food.” He said putting glass down on the table.

“No, don't hesitate. If you want, tell me.”

“No, it’s okay. I really enjoyed that.” he said gently.

“Okay, as you wish. But let me know if you changed your mind.”

“Yeah, sure. By the way, Are you a single child? Or do you have any siblings?” he asked curiously.

“Hmm, well no. I am the only child of my parents.” I said with a smile.

“Oh, That’s why your parents are worried about you. And they want you to get married soon. They just want to see you happy.”

“Hmm, I know that.” I cut him off because I don't want him to know anymore about me and my family. I already let him in. But it doesn't mean that I'll let him know everything. I stood up and continued, “okay come, I’ll show you your room and give you some clothes to change it. Your clothes got all wet. Come this way.

I led him towards the guest room which is upstairs and it has one room between to my room.

“It’s your room and the bathroom is out there, in the end of the corridor. It's not in the room. Okay, anything else?” I turned and asked.

“No.”

“Okay, Now I’ll bring you some clothes.”

“Okay,” Xiao Yuan said and entered,  looked around and sat on the bed, muttering, “nice room,”  he put his sketchbook on the side table of the bed.

I came back with a water bottle and put it beside the bed and asked.

“Stand up, let me change the bed sheet first and here are clothes for you. And if you need something else let me know. I’ll bring it for you.”