DINNER

The two stared into each other's eyes, the mood was perfect, the setting was perfect, everything was just right.

The girl opens her mouth to respond "Suguru-" as she spoke, the ride operator opens the carriage, greeting them in an awkward position. Suguru holding onto the girl's hand as they both looked at the operator embarrassed.

"U-uhm...Please get off the ride..?" the operator nervously says as the two shuffled off their seats.

The two walked home in silence, Suguru not liking the space they have as they walked.

"Did you mean it?" the girl spoke, causing the boy to whip his head to her direction.

Suguru smiled at the girl "Yeah".

"Are you proposing a binding vow?" the girl asks, continuing the walk as she doesn't face him.

Suguru stops in his tracks "W-wait, what, no!" the girl raises her brow, not understanding the boy's intentions.

"Then what is it you're getting at then?" Y/N says, tilting her head as she looks him. "Clearly you must have intentions with me to say such things."

Suguru's heart was pounding, it just really hit him now that he confessed, well, indirectly. How does he explain to her what he really feels without wanting to dig himself a hole in embarrassment? Taking a deep breath he walks towards her, closing the distance between them.

"Y/N." Suguru spoke, his face flushing red.

"Hm?"

"I like you."

"I know"

Suguru blinked. "Eh?" She knows? Was she not oblivious this whole time? Was she paying with me? Suguru thought.

"W-what do you mean you know?" Suguru asks as he scratches the back of his neck, he didn't know what to feel nor to do in this situation. He's probably going to get rejected.

"Soul sight." Oh. Oh. How could he have forgotten about that? She could probably see him going through it with her in the daily. Maybe this goes to show that this was only a fleeting crush, he barely knows anything about her.

"But I like you too, you're my friend" Suguru felt like he was punched in the gut when he heard that. Right, they're friends, but he thinks of it differently. Y/N is someone who couldn't express her emotions clearly so maybe rushing to a confessions would overwhelm her.

"That's great." Suguru just smiles, he'd love to be her friend, even if he's just her friend. So why does it kinda hurt?

"Suguru?" Y/N spoke, snapping him out of his trance.

"Y-yeah?" The boy looked into her eyes, those eyes that he grew to be so fond of.

"Can you take me to that restaurant we ate in that one time after a mission?" Suguru smiles at her request. "Of course, why all of a sudden?"

"I think it's a great way to end the day, and I'd like to spend more time with you." Her words made the boy's heart flutter.

"Then shall we?" Suguru extends his hand to her hoping she'd take it, and to his delight, she did.

The pair walked hand in hand together, Suguru may or may not be taking a longe route to hold her hand a little longer. Soon, they approached the restaurant, sitting on the exact same spot they did the last time they went.

Maybe this time, he can take a better picture of her there.