9th Live~LONELIEST BABY

Hope you enjoy this chapter and sorry for the slow update. Experiencing writer's block...My friend said that Lonliest Baby had a retro feel-what I needed for Maki's mother. By the way, what is voting for?
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Didn't you want to forget the time travelling incident?" Hanayo squeaked, breaking the silence. "Well, I think I changed my mind. I need answers. I might be able to convince Mother to let me continue music," I explained. "I'm not going!" Nico huffed. Nozomi shot her a I-am-going-to-do-that look and told me, "All of us will go with you."

"Arigato minna."

"Break is over-continue with practice," Umi instructed. Everyone got up reluctantly and walked to their respective groups. As I practiced with Eli and Nico, my thoughts wandered to my descision. Did I make the right choice? Doubts clouded my mind. I shook it off and reassured myself. I had to find answers. It would be fine! I concentrated on practice.

-time skip(after practice)-

"Maki-chan, when are you going to do it?" Kotori inquired me. "Today. I need answers as soon as possible," I replied with determination. Maybe I could convince Mother... Everyone packed up and got ready to leave. "Ikunyan!" Rin exclaimed.

-Another time skip(in the attic)-

"Are you all sure you want to follow me?" I asked then uncertainly. If anything happened to them, it would be my fault! "We are sure. We are your friends and we can't let anything happen to you!" Hanayo said with verve. I inserted the disc and said, "On the count of three, I will press the 'play' button." Everyone nodded.

"1..."

"...2..."

"...3..." I pressed the 'play' button. The blinding light appeared and I shielded my eyes.

In the blink of an eye, we were in some sort of concert venue. Throngs of people stood around, staring at the stage in anticipation. Dim lights surrounded the place. The stage was just a giant black platform that was in front of everyone. There was a "hole" at the side of the stage and people holding drumsticks and other instruments were sitting there.
I made a quick scan of our surroundings-we were at the back.

"Where are we?" Hanayo squeaked. "It is probably some kind of concert venue," Umi said.

The lights around us became dimmer and the stage lit up. "Some kind of concert is starting," Kotori said.

A lady with scarlet hair strutted onto the stage. She wore a black velvet jacket with a strapless dress. The dress came to her knees and she wore stockings with black high-heels. The lady had amethyst eyes. "She is my mother!" I whisper to the others. They raised their eyebrows and nodded. I would know how Mother's voice is like.

"Kombawa minna!" She shouted while waving her hands.

"Kombawa Rozu-chan!"the crowd chorused.

"Welcome to my second live! Are you ready?"Mother asked with a megawatt smile on her face.

"Yes!"the crowd cheers.

"LONELIEST BABY...music start!"Mother said. Cheers emanated from the crowd.

(Singing-underline-english translation)

In your eyes burns a blue flame;
Putting on a strong front,
you the LONELIEST BABY

So comin' comin' back!

Just staying sulky there doesn't work you know?

Look over here...Please!

The crowd sang along. Mother's voice was like a goddess's, reaching out to all corners of the venue. Her voice was amazing...although it was low, it still fits in with the feel of the song. My head bobbed along to the rhythm of the song.

Somehow painful one day,
shaking with loneliest one day

Oh yeah, oh yeah! Teach me my boy

Aiming for the waiting night sky

Call me, call me!!
The signal you're skipping is "L.O.V.E"

I glanced at the others. Everyone except Nico had a look of admiration on their faces. Nico was emotionless. She probably thought that she was better than Mother. Why did Mother quit music? Her voice was terrific and she made the music colourful and more enjoyable! Mother had a genuine smile plastered on her face. She enjoyed music.

Bacause I want to hug you with these feelings of love

I'm gazing at only you right here

"Sugoi-nyan!" Rin said in awe. Everyone except Nico agreed. "I bet I can do better than her!" Nico huffed. I turned my attention back to the song.

Always I love you I love you
(I want to tell you)
I love you I love you

No matter when Hi!(Hi!) Hi!(Hi!)
Without losing

I'm praying Ah! (Let's fight!)

I love you I love you
(Love you love you)
I love you I love you

Don't forget the timds when you're tired, just a little bit

Recall and think about me Baby!

Mother punched her fist into the air and the crowd went wild. Nico said, "All right, Maki-chan's mother is good but I am almost at her level!" I rolled my eyes at her. I let myseld be sucked into the music and swayed in time to it.

The rest of the concert went by in a blurr.
After LONELIEST BABY, Mother sang a song called Someday of My Life. Then, a piano was pushed onto the stage. Mother played and sang a song called Fields of Hope. Then, she sang about seven other songs and the concert ended. We followed the crowd that exited the concert venue via the exits.

-outside the concert venue-

"It seems that we are in a hallway. Let's find an exit to find out where we are," Umi suggested. We nodded in agreement and started searching for signs leading to exits. We all stuck together as there were throngs of people and did not want to get lost. Suddenly, the flashing bright light surrounded us. It seemed to be transporting us somewhere.

In a second, we were in a hospital.

"What happened?"