Vol 4/ Chapter 130: Dispersal, Shelter

"Don't you angels usually train your physical bodies? You're really too lazy! Over-relying on your wings like that is undesirable!"

Finally unable to hold back anymore, Cysper started to criticize. He completely forgot that Cyra was just a newbie angel without years of martial arts training like him.

"Look who's talking! Having wings but not using them, that's what's really brainless!"

I refuted defiantly. But even as I spoke, I couldn't help wondering - if angelic physical abilities could be enhanced through human training methods, would our combat power multiply when our wings were spread?

Unfortunately, no one could answer that question for me now. Seeing no ladder around to climb down, Cysper finally lost patience and was about to spread his wings to fly down. I hurriedly stopped him.

"Wait, there's a tree next to this eave. We can climb down from here."

The tree was planted in the courtyard, conveniently right next to the house below us. The trunk looked smooth enough that I thought we could try sliding down.

"Why bother with all that trouble? At most, the other party will just find out we're angels, I don't think there's any problem!"

Cysper seemed rather reluctant, probably because having the Pope climb a tree was a bit undignified. But I didn't see it that way.

"How could there be no problem? Don't forget there may be monsters in this city. Our angel wings spreading would easily give us away, let's avoid exposure if we can!"

I immediately denied it verbally. There was another reason I didn't voice - we four had defied Elara's orders by coming to Parristol! If we exposed ourselves to humans too early, who knew if it might attract other undercover angels here on Edenmere's intelligence gathering mission. If they tried to forcibly take us back, inadvertently causing a conflict would be bad.

Of course, if we had no choice but to fight, exposure might be unavoidable. I just wanted to conceal it as much as possible, plus it could have the effect of lulling the enemy too.

"You angels really overthink everything!"

Although reluctant, Cysper couldn't dwell on it further. After all, climbing a tree was very simple for him, no difficulty even using Cyra's body. So in the end, he could only queue behind me to slide down the branches.

"Why aren't you coming in yet, so slow?"

Unfortunately, just as I slid halfway down, the mysterious girl who had entered earlier suddenly came running back out, probably impatient from waiting too long. But upon seeing me clinging to the tree, she burst out laughing and gestured for someone inside.

"Quick, come see! Those two mages I told you about are climbing a tree outside, just like the sloths down south!"

Damn, we're being mocked!

Seeing this, I didn't feel like continuing down and quickly leapt horizontally straight to the ground, nearly spraining my foot. Cysper above me was unusually red-faced as he sped down the slide too.

"Why didn't you just say so earlier? I could've brought you both down together!"

"Valerie, don't make fun of them. It's normal for mages to have poor physiques. Or were you just looking to mock me too?"

Just as the mysterious girl said that to us, another girl came running out from the room. Upon seeing me, her gaze froze as she pointed and exclaimed.

"You...you're Feliciana, aren't you?"