Vol 4/Chapter 123: The Royalty of Parristol

"What about this?"
Perhaps to let Cysper eat humble pie, Judith finally decided to go all out. Gritting her teeth, she flipped open her palm to reveal a brownish-yellow pebble.

"This is..."
To outsiders like us, we naturally didn't know what it was. But in Reed's eyes, it was like seeing a treasure, immediately captivated.

"The legendary Sage's Stone?"

"Hahaha, didn't expect the angels to be such connoisseurs!" Judith laughed proudly, full of admiration for Reed.

"Exactly, this is the Sage's Stone. There are no more than three across the entire continent that can flawlessly convert different elements!"

"Then we can use angelic light elements to power this array?"
I was a bit surprised - angelic light mana was immense, resolving the fundamental flaw of Reed's transfer array! If we contacted Elara through the Spiritual Network, we could immediately open a gateway back to Edenmere.

"But why would you give me something so precious?"
Reed hesitated, glancing at the Stone in Judith's hand, not reaching out to take it. They weren't that familiar, unsure of Judith's motives.

"Hehehe! My profession is elemental research too. Your insights into arrays are right up my alley, so giving this to you is no waste at all!"
Judith laughed again, while Cysper looked sourer the more she grinned.

"After hundreds of years it's probably just an abandoned relic anyway. Making that immortal old fart unhappy is profit enough!"

"Immortal old fart..."
Mia's face also soured, but thankfully she knew it wasn't aimed at her, so stayed silent.

"But why though?" I shook my head, sipping the now cold fish soup nonchalantly. At this point, anyone could see Judith's grudge against Cysper went deeper than the surface, with shady motives. But strangely, even Cysper himself seemed oblivious to the reasons, as clueless as me.

"Hehehe, I know why, I already looked into it secretly!"
At that moment, the gossip lover popped out again, leaning over to smugly reveal to me:

"Judith used to visit the Holy City too and met the Pope there. As for their relationship, just think of Teacher Aetna and you'll understand. Too bad Cysper seems to have completely forgotten her now..."

"Pfft—" I nearly spat out my fish soup. What a cliched soap opera plot - I thought one Aetna was outrageous enough, now there was a human version with a fatal attraction. Looked like Cysper was more popular than expected!

"But why are you so well-versed in this? The gossip just keeps coming."
Seeing everyone's eyes on me, I quickly wiped my mouth and whispered my question to Cyra.

"What can I say, angels are so trusting. Just had to ask and they spilled everything..." Cyra shrugged helplessly, giving me an exaggerated wink that sent shivers down my spine. Alright, seemed she was really enjoying this.

Cyrus always loved digging up inside scoops back in high school - exam dates, transfer student arrivals, this was his forte. Becoming Cyra only made that tendency worse.

After the meal, everyone took a free break. Judith, Reed and Mia were busy studying how to integrate the Sage's Stone into the transfer array. Cysper idly strummed his lute, still playing that age-old "City in the Sky." Brennan and Yulanda snuck off into the woods, who knows what they were up to.

As for Cyra and me...

"Want to go take a look?" Cyra tugged my clothes, trying to drag me over.

"Are you crazy? You'd be better off practicing magic instead of that nonsense!" I pulled her back, scolding. Since Elara warned this trip could be dangerous, I had to urge this slacker on. Otherwise, when real danger struck, she'd regret not being prepared.