Vol 4/ Chapter 58 The Evening Dance Party

"Only by slowly getting used to and mastering this process, can you extract water element from the environment anytime, anywhere. This is extremely important for your future growth! It's the foundation of foundations, the most crucial thing!"

Hurbert strictly guided me through the process, not being polite at all just because I'm an angel.

Alright, taking it slow is never wrong. I grimaced inwardly, having no choice but to obediently continue meditating.

Though it felt rather pointless later on, at least the first step went smoothly. Next is just slowly accumulating experience and dealing with some technical issues.

"What happened to you?"

It wasn't until evening that I was finally liberated. Dragging my numb legs, I met up with Nicola and the others, who naturally inquired about my condition.

"Don't ask! Let's just go to the banquet quickly!"

Having been thoroughly exhausted, I was in no mood to explain, hobbling away desperately. If I didn't move around more, these legs might really become useless.

However, just when we reached outside the banquet hall, another unpleasant matter arose.

"Dear angel ladies, I assume you don't have proper gowns. The Pope has specifically instructed us to assist in dressing you up..."

Nicola and I finally understood what Cyra was worried about earlier. Seeing these maids and the piles of clothes in their hands, the three of us grimaced simultaneously.

"Just let Cyra and Feliciana handle this, I'm perfectly fine in my current outfit."

Donning an adventurer's suit she took, Nicola was the first to try escaping.

"You wait right there!"

There was no way we'd let her off so easily! Cyra and I immediately grabbed and dragged her back.

Are you kidding me! Although I've cross-dressed countless times, it's one thing if no acquaintances know. But having to dress up in front of former schoolmates is akin to public execution! I absolutely cannot let Nicola be the sole exception!

"You think that counts as formal attire?"

Cyra eyed Nicola's outfit up and down, sneering as she plopped a big hat on her head.

"As a former overseas playboy, I'm sure you know the basic etiquette of attending dances. If you embarrass Edenmere in such an occasion, it's no big deal for us few. But it might implicate all the other angels! The entire Holy Capital might think Edenmere's angels love slovenly dress. As the 'ancestor', don't you have some responsibility?"

"Can I just change into Edenmere's uniform dress then?"

Pressed by the word "responsibility", Nicola reluctantly took a step back.

Come to think of it, this might be a decent compromise. Edenmere's plain white uniform dress, while simple in style, counts as formal attire. That's what I wore at Edenmere's welcome party. And we three have seen each other in it for over half a month, so there's nothing awkward about it. Very fitting to resolve this issue!

The only trouble is...

"But my uniform dress was burned!"

After checking her storage ring, Nicola said dejectedly. Back in Makalan City, to avoid the clothing issue in the prophecy, we burned all our original casual clothes and changed into the uniform dresses. But Nicola's later got burned by accident near the river, leaving her with no proper attire until we reached the Holy Capital Jethrobaines and acquired new clothes.