Chapter 37: Turn Of Events

Author's POV:

It was finally the wedding day. This one month was a living hell for the alphas. They had to see their precious mate making the wedding preparations not with them but with someone else. They had to see their omega be clingy and lovey-dovey with someone else.

Jin was mostly worried about Yoongi and Taehyung. Each one of them was badly affected, but those two are different cases. Namjoon had immersed himself more in the library. You can barely see Hobi's sunshine smile anymore. Jimin has stopped eating and has become dangerously thin.

Jin himself was also in a bad state. He could barely sleep. The thought of Jungkook having his own little family with someone else was eating him alive. He could barely eat anything, but it was not as severe as Jimin's because Jimin was literally surviving on only water.

Taehyung has started going insane. Jin spends most of his day with Taehyung and doesn't let him out because Taehyung only screams, cries, and hurts himself all day. The only time he's at peace is when he's sleeping. Taehyung has passed out many times from crying and screaming too much.

Jin hasn't seen Yoongi after the shopping. God knows what Yoongi is doing behind those closed doors. Jin is scared that Yoongi won't do something bad alone in that room. He called him multiple times. He knocked on the door continuously but gave up after he didn't receive a single reply.

Anyway, today, when Jungkook got finished with his makeup and clothes, he got out of his room. He smiled at Mrs. Choi, who softly held his hands.

Mrs. Choi: It'll end today.

Jungkook hummed, and with a deep breath, he started walking towards Hobi's room. He knocked softly, but when he didn't get any answer, he opened the door. He saw Hobi sitting on the balcony. He went there and saw Hobi standing there, blankly staring at the wedding alter.

Jungkook: Why aren't you ready?

Hobi flinched and immediately looked behind him. He finally showed his little sunshine smile.

Hobi: I don't think I can attend the wedding. Even though you're acting like we don't have a history, I can't do the same. I can't just stand there and look at you getting married.

Hobi said as his eyes turned teary.

Jungkook: Didn't you say that you'd always listen to me and do as I said? So if I say I want you at my wedding, then that means I want you at my wedding.

Jungkook said sternly, making Hobi lower his head.

Hobi: Ok.

Jungkook: Good, take a shower, and go outside.

With that, Jungkook went to the library.

He slowly entered and saw Namjoon sobbing silently on top of the piled-up books.

Jungkook: Hyung.

Jungkook said softly.

Namjoon flinched and looked up at Jungkook. He immediately got up and pulled Jungkook to his chest.

Namjoon: Please, Kook. Please don't get married. I don't want to live a life where there's no you in it.

Namjoon begged while sobbing loudly.

Jungkook: Please get ready, Hyung. I want you there to attend the wedding. If you don't, I'll never forgive you.

Jungkook said and got out of the library, leaving a messy Namjoon behind.

Jungkook made his way to Jimin's room. He silently entered and saw Jimin lying down on his bed weakly. His chubby cheeks have vanished. His eyes have lost their spark. 

Jimin was staring blankly at the wall.

Jungkook: Hyung.

Jungkook said it silently.

When Jimin heard Jungkook's voice, he got up immediately and looked at him with teary eyes.

Jimin: Bun, I'm tired. I know what we did is not worth forgiving, but please, it's getting unbearable. The pain is too much. It's the kind of pain that can't be cured with aid or medicine. No doctor can cure it. It's suffocating. It's getting hard to live. Please come back to us. Come back to me, please. I beg you.

Jimin begged and fell to Jungkook's feet.

Jungkook looked at Jimin's shaky figure. He has gotten very thin, which made him worried. You can see his bones peeking out. His usual chubby body has lost its chubbiness. He's nothing but a piece of bone. He can break only with a snap. 

Jungkook felt his eyes tearing up. The sight was not pleasant at all. His heart was hurting at the sight of his alpha in pain and on the verge of death. 

Gguk: Go according to plan, Jungkook.

He heard his wolf's cold voice. He closed his eyes, letting the droplets of tears fall down his face. 

Jungkook: I want you on the joyous day of my life. You guys said that you'd always do what I would say. You guys said you'd do anything for my happiness, so I better see you guys there.

Jungkook said, and with that, he left the fragile body kneeling on the floor.

Jungkook made his way to Taehyung's room. He knows that Jin is there with Taehyung. He's aware of Taehyung's state. He knows what Taehyung is going through, but he chose to ignore it. He entered the room and saw Taehyung wiggling in Jin's arms while screaming loudly. He saw how Taehyung was hitting his head on the wall continuously while calling his name.

Jungkook: Taehyungie.

His soft voice stopped the loud screams. Everything went silent. 

Taehyung looked at Jungkook with red, swollen eyes.

Taehyung: Hyung, Kook is here again.

Taehyung giggled while clapping his hands like a little baby.

Taehyung: Look, Hyungie. My baby is standing there. I swear to my life that he's not a hallucination. Look, hyungie.

Taehyung said, while his eyes carried nothing but desperation and vulnerability.

Jungkook: Taehyungie, listen to me. Why are you doing this? Didn't you say that you'd always do what I say? Didn't you say that my happiness would be your happiness? Well, I'm happy, so why aren't you? Stop all of this, and get ready for the wedding.

Jungkook said sternly.

Taehyung: But Kook...

Jungkook: No buts. If you don't listen to me, I'll never talk to you again.

Jungkook said, cutting Taehyung off.

Taehyung pouted but went to the bathroom anyway.

Jungkook sighed and then looked at Jin, who was staring at him with loveful eyes.

Jungkook: You too, Hyung. I want all of you at the wedding.

Jin: Ok.

Jin said, his voice barely audible.

Jungkook smiled before leaving for his final destination. Yoongi's room.

He tried to open the door, but it was locked.

Jungkook: Hyung, it's me. Please open the door.

Jungkook knocked softly. He heard a ruffling sound before the door was opened within a second. 

Jungkook felt someone tearing his heart apart when he saw Yoongi's red, swollen eyes. He had black, dark circles under his eyes. His lips were chapped and bloody. Yoongi looked way too thin and malnourished. He could barely stand. 

Jungkook: H-hyung...

Jungkook's voice cracked.

Gguk: Go according to plan, Jungkook. Just a little more. I want to enjoy the moment.

His wolf said it in a harsh voice.

Jungkook: You'll come to the wedding, right?

Jungkook asked in a tiny voice.

Yoongi showed his fake smile.

Yoongi: Of course, Bun. It's your most important day, so I'll definitely be there. Your happiness is my happiness. Your single smile is enough for me. Even though I might not be the one bringing that smile to your lips on the altar, I will still be happy that you're smiling and happy.

Yoongi said, ruffling Jungkook's hair before entering his room to change.

Jungkook released a small sob. He hates what he's doing. If it weren't for her and his wolf, he would've never done this. He wants to stop it, but every time his wolf reminds him of what they did to every omega and mostly his mama, he gives in.

He went into his room to redo his makeup.

After half an hour, the six alphas were sitting at a table in the corner with a dull face. All of them looked broken. They were glaring at Eunwoo, who was standing at the alter with a wide smile.

Just when the music started, Yoongi got up and left to his room. He tried but failed. He tried to stay happy for his mate, but the moment the song started, he knew his Jungkookie would come and marry that stupid creature.

Jin tried to stop him, but his eyes widened when he saw a woman in a white dress coming down the aisle slowly, looking at Eunwoo with a wide grin.

Jin, Namjoon, Jimin, Hobi, and Taehyung felt fucking confused when Jungkook sat beside them with a small smile. Wasn't he supposed to be there, walking down the aisle, instead of that unknown lady? They didn't ask questions because they didn't care. As long as it's not Jungkook, they don't care.

The wedding between Eunwoo and the unknown woman finally got sealed. 

Just then, a panicked Mrs. Choi came, running to Jungkook.

Mrs choi: Is everybody here?

She asked in panic.

Jungkook: Yes, everybody is here..... Wait, where is Yoongi hyung? I thought I saw him here.

Jungkook asked, confused. 

Jin: He left to his room just when the song started.

Mrs. Choi: That's not good. I smelled blood just a few seconds ago. We should go to his room.

She said it in panic, making Jungkook go completely pale.

His knees buckled up, and he was going to fall, but he was held quickly by Namjoon.

Namjoon: Calm down, bun. I'm sure everything is fine.

After that, all of them ran to Yoongi's room.

Just when they entered the room, the sight in front of them made everyone gasp, and a bloodcurdling scream escaped Jungkook before he fainted.