The Talk

"WHAT!" I said, sitting up abruptly.

Luke jumped up and backed away, raising his hands up in front of him. "Hey hey hey now don't get mad."

"Mad? I'm going to murder you"

"Well technically you can't do that as i'm already dead," Luke countered.

"Boundaries Luke! We already had this talk!"

"I know I know I'm sorry Julie. It won't happen again. Pinky promise," He held out his pinky finger toward me while trying to hid his smile.

I couldn't stay mad at him when he looked at me like that. Begrudgingly, I interlocked my pinky with his. He stared at me, and we stayed like that for a moment longer than natural, our hands still intertwined between us. Eventually I cleared my throat and backed away.

"Well if you already saw it you might as well just show me," I sighed.

Luke grinned, and reached into his pocket, pulling out a folded up piece of paper. He started to unwrap it, and my heart froze when I caught sight of the words scribbled across the top of the page.

No. No. No. No.

This can't be happening.

There, written in my handwritten were the words Perfect Harmony etched on the paper. The song Luke found had been the one I had written about him. One that he was never meant to have found.

I could feel the blush creeping up from my neck to my face, and my heart started to pound incessantly.

"This song is perfect. It has a killer melody, it's moving, it's emotional, it's exactly what we need."

"Luke I-"

"You don't need to say who the song is about. It's personal I get it. But can we please use it. I was thinking if we tweak around the chorus a little, add Alex on drums in the back-"

"Luke."

"What is it?"

"That song, it's about.."

"Julie I don't want to hear it. Please don't." He turned away, his back facing toward me.

"Luke look at me" I plead.

"Julie don't make me hear. It's just going to hurt," He choked out in a pained voice, turning around to face me once again.

"Luke just let me talk."

"No! Julie that song is obviously about someone who you care about. Deeply. If I hear about this other person I won't be able to stand it," He locks his eyes with mine. "Because I care about you. So much it hurts. Music isn't worth making without you. You're the reason I fought so hard to stay away from Caleb's club. Because I want to be with you. I want you."

Tears welled up in my eyes as all the air left my lungs.  "Luke, I wrote that song about you."

"What?" He searched my eyes in a frenzy, as if he could see whether or not I was speaking the truth in their reflection.

"It came to me when I was dancing with Nick. That whole time, all I could think about was you. I wished you were there with me instead of him." I said, my voice breaking.

Luke moved toward me and gently tucked one of my curls behind my ear.  "Julie," He breathed out.

"Luke I want you too."

With those words his lips came crashing down on mine. My hands instinctively knotted in the back of his hair, and in our lips moved against each other hungrily, as if we had been starved and we were each others first meal. After a minute we pulled away and just stared at each other in disbelief. Everything in the past few months had been leading up to this moment. Every look, every touch, every smile, every time we sang together. It all led to now.

_________________________________

AHHHH I was shocked as I was writing that. I can't believe Julie and Luke finally confessed their feelings for each other!

Also do you guys want me to keep this story PG cause JATP was a kids show or no? It's up to you!

What's going to happen next with Juke?

What will the bands reaction be?

Keep reading and add this story to your library to find out and to be notified when I update!

Don't forget to vote this story if you want more!

-Hannah