The Reveal

Julie's POV:

"Alright so what do you have?"

Luke and I were sitting together on the piano bench in the studio, trying to come up with a song that we could perform. Our manager had called a few days prior, and told us she had booked the Orpheum for us to play in again, however this time we weren't opening for another band, we were the band being opened for.

All of us freaked out as soon as we heard the news. Us, having a night dedicated to our band at the Orpheum? It was unreal.

I sighed as I stared at the blank pages in my notebook, not meeting Luke's eyes.

"Hey it's okay, a lot has been going on. It's normal to get stuck sometimes," Luke says as he comfortingly rubs my shoulders, before putting his arm around me, moving his thumb back and forth.

After a few minutes of silence, he pulled away, and I looked up to meet his eyes.

"I have to tell you something."

"What is it?" I ask.

"You know how you thought your mother was connected to us? That that's the reason you can see us as ghosts?"

"Yea..?"

He takes a deep breath. "I was looking at a photo of your mom the other day, and it just clicked. Your mom used to work at the Orpheum, she was there watching us rehearse a few hours before our show. Before we ate those hotdogs and... you know."

I blinked. Once. Twice.

"You knew my mom?" I squeaked, my voice breaking on the last word. I could feel tears beginning to well in my eyes.

Luke pulled close into his chest, running his hands through my hair.

"Shhhh," He murmured. "It's okay."

"I'm sorry," I said, sitting up and wiping my tears on the back of my hand. "I just miss her, and when you said that, I don't know what happened something in me just flipped."

"Hey, look at me," Luke murmured, turning my head toward his. "You have nothing to apologize for."

I buried my head back in his shoulder, before pulling back away and taking a few deep breaths. "Tell me about what she was like. I mean, back then."

"Well I only interacted with her that one night, but she was pretty bomb. She looked a lot like you, and she loved music like you."

I blinked back tears. "Thank you," I said. I couldn't tear my eyes away from him.

"Of course Julie, you know I would do anything for you," He said, flashing that cute smile of his.

"Oh and Julie?"

"Yea?"

"I might have looked in your dream box and found a song that we could use this weekend."

________________________________________________

Hi loves!

so sorry I had to take a small break from writing, I've had a lot going on but I'm back now and I will start updating regularly again!

What do you think Julies reaction will be?

What do you think will happen next?

Any comments or suggestions?

Don't forget to vote if you like the story and add it to your library to get updates!

- Hannah