A Monochrome Day

After the hour and a half cab ride back home, Dan ran up his apartment steps in excitement. He hated physical exercise but if it meant being able to see his best friend, he would run up ninety flights of stairs. He flung open the door, ran past the bathroom, and sprinted up the stairs in a hurry. He didn't know why he wanted to see Phil so badly but he went along with it anyway.

"Dan!" Phil shouted with joy as Dan entered the lounge out of breath. Phil had just been sitting on twitter and replying to viewers while waiting for him to arrive.

"H-h-hi." Dan huffed out, clutching his chest dramatically. Phil laughed and replied to one last tweet before standing up to hug Dan.

"Why does it feel like it's been ages?" Phil said as he wrapped Dan in a hug. 

"Because it has been." Dan responded as he let go of Phil. They both smiled and sat down on the couch together.

"Ah yes, my beautiful sofa crease. I missed you." Dan said as he stroked the indented area of the sofa. Phil chuckled and shut off his computer as Dan reached for the remote.

"So which anime do you want to watch?" Phil asked as Dan turned on the TV. 

"How about Ouran High School Host Club? I'm really in the mood for some bants between Haruhi and Tamaki." Dan suggested. 

"We neeeeed to rewatch it. I think I'm in love with Mori Senpai." Phil joked. "OH CRAP I ALMOST FORGOT. Pj and Chris invited us to go out tomorrow."

"Oh uh where?" Dan asked curiously.

"To some club called 'Seduction'. Yes, I know, stupid name. But Chris insisted because he's in love with one of the bartenders. Her name is Tori or something I don't know." Phil replied.

"Sounds.. fun." Dan said sarcastically. Phil secretly agreed but they hadn't been out in a while and he felt like they both needed to socialize. 

"Yeah it will be. Now lets gooooooo. I want to see some Moriiiiiii." Phil said. Dan laughed and they watched a few episodes before deciding to go to bed. 

"Hey Phil?" Dan asked before closing the door to his bedroom. 

"Yeah?" Phil asked.

"Do you ever get tired of seeing in black and white? My little cousin asked me about it today and I never really realized how crippling it is to all of us who haven't found soul mates. TV is dull, life is dull, everything is just kind of dull. We know the names of the colors, but we've never seen them before. A bit weird don't you think?" Dan stated.

"I've never thought if it like that before. Wow. Maybe tomorrow will be the night we find our soul mates. We could wake up seeing in color!" Phil joked before heading into his room. Dan smiled and closed his door before tucking himself into bed. Tomorrow was going to be another monochrome day.  

☆(◒‿◒)☆ Nighttime Skip ☆(◒‿◒)☆

Dan woke up to Phil shaking him awake.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" Dan mumbled in his sleepy voice.

"DAN. THERE'S A DOG OUTSIDE THAT LOOKS LIKE A CAT. COME LOOK!" Phil shouted into Dan's ear to wake him up.

"Are you kidding me Phil? You woke me up for a dog? I'm going to kill you." Dan groaned before rising out of bed. He was topless and only wearing his black checkered bottoms but he was too lazy to put a shirt on so he just followed Phil to the kitchen window.

"LOOK. IT'S SO PRETTY." Phil exclaimed excitedly as Dan rubbed his sleepy eyes, His hobbit hair was uncontrollably messy but Phil didn't mind. In fact, Phil thought it looked cute on him. Though he would never admit it to Dan because he was scared Dan would think he was being weird. 

"That's a Chihuahua Phil. Not a Cat-Dog. You woke me up FOR A FRIGGIN' CHIHUAHUA?!?!" Dan yelled grumpily as he stared at the small dog outside.

"Sorryyy it was just so cuteeeeee." Phil apologized. Dan could never stay mad at him though. 

"It's fine. Let's just make some breakfast." Dan said.

"How about some cereal?" Phil asked. Dan gave him a death stare. Phil had eaten all of Dan's cereal right before they had left on their trips and forgot to get another box. Phil giggled as Dan furrowed his brow in frustration.

"How about some eggs? Can't go wrong with eggs." Dan suggested as he opened the fridge. Phil agreed and Dan proceeded to make eggs as they talked about the dreams they had that night. Phil's was about aliens invading Earth by implanting tiny toasters in everyones ears. Dan's was lucid, in which he walked along the ocean until he reached a small island only large enough for a few people. He woke up when a tsunami crashed onto the island and scared him half to death. Once they finished breakfast, Dan went to practice piano and Phil went to take a shower. They both had an interesting night ahead of them.

Aye. Second Chapter! Not really interesting but the next one will be a lot more fun.. I hope you enjoyed, thank you for reading! <3