5sos: Lashton: Best Birthday Gift

Summary: Luke gets bullied and Ashton is one of the goons, but he usually just sits back and watches Luke get beat up. On Luke's birthday in senior year Ashton has had enough of just sitting back and watching so he stands up for him and they become friends. 1 year later their friendship has blossomed.
Word Count: 1015
•••••••
Luke's pov
It's the middle of grade 10. I walked down the hallway, keeping my head down as people stare, pointing and snickering. I'm the outcast here, and to make matters worse everybody just found out that I'm gay. So yea.
"Hey loser!" I hear from behind me.
Oh no, not again.
"Hey Puke!" His goonies yell.
"Hi, Tyler." I sigh as Tyler and his gang appear.
"How my favourite little homo doing?"
"Was great til you came along." I mumble to myself.
"What was that Puke?!" He glares grabbing my shirt. I stay silent and glance around for help, my eyes meeting a soft, sympathetic pair. Ashton. One of the goonies.
"Teach him a lesson boys." Tyler smirks.
The guys start beating me until I can taste blood.
"See you around Puke." He laughs.
As I regain my strength, I make eye contact with Ashton again as their walking away.
"Ashton!" Winston yells.
"Coming." He mumbles.
•••••••••••
It's the middle of grade 12. Two years of my bullying. I've gotten used to it.
It's my birthday, not that anyone cares. As I'm walking through the halls, Tyler's waiting for me at my locker along with his goons.
"Hang on." I say holding up a finger.
I open my locker and throw my backpack inside, slamming it shut. I spread my arms and nod.
"Ok. Do whatever the hell your gonna do, don't see how this day could get any worse." I sigh.
"God you're a weirdo!" Tyler laughs throwing me to the floor.
"Hey! Leave him alone!" Ashton says stopping Tyler from going any further.
"Ashton, move!" Tyler yells.
"No!"
"Ashton, it's not a big deal. It happens every day."
"Not today. Not today." He repeats.
"Why not today?"
"Cause it's your birthday." he mumbles.
"So?" Tyler and I say in unison.
"I'm not going to let you hurt him on his birthday." Ashton mutters.
"Whatever! Come on guys, let's go." Tyler says walking away.
"Ashton, you didn't have to do that. I'm used to him."
"It's not right. It's never been." He sighs and helps me to my feet.
"Meet me by my car after school. I need to talk to you." He smiles before walking to his next class.
•••••••
I walk to the parking lot spotting Ashton right away leaning against his car.
"Hey." I say as stand next to him.
"Are you able to come over? It's not really a great place here." Ashton says.
"Yea, I think I can manage that."
We get in his car and drive to his house. We park in the driveway after a few minutes of driving. He smiles at me and we get out and walk to the front door.
"Nice place you got here." I say as he leads me to the living room.
"Thanks, my parents are always away on business so it's pretty much just me around here." I nod knowing exactly how it feels.
"So what did you need to talk about?"
"Come here." He says patting the seat next to him on the couch, which I gladly take.
"Look, Luke. I'm sorry that I haven't ever stuck up for you."
"Ashton it's fi-"
"No it's not! Luke, you don't deserve to be treated the way he treats you. I've done my best to stay quiet but I now realize that I should have done it sooner. And for that Luke, I'm deeply sorry. And if you don't mind, could we maybe be friends."
I smile from ear to ear.
"Of course we can Ashton." I say and his face lights up.
••••••••••
One Year Later

"Happy birthday Luke!!!" Ash yells jumping on my bed.
After graduating high school, Ash and I got a flat together. Him and I are attached at the hip. The only thing is now I have a major crush on him!
"Ash, go back to sleep."
"Get your little homo ass out of bed."
"Who you calling a homo, you homo." I return. Yes, Ashton is gay too.
"Well I was gonna give you a present, but now you have to wait." He grins.
"Ashy! No!"
"Lukey! Yes!" He laughs. "Now come on, the lads will be here soon." I laugh and roll onto my back, then sitting up.
"Ash!!!" I yell.
"What?!" He yells back.
"I want waffles!!!"
"Fine!!" He sighs.
•••••••••
After everyone went home after the great party that the boys threw for me, Ashton and I are sitting on the couch and there's streamers and confetti everywhere.
"Tonight was fun." He says.
"Yea, thanks again for everything Ash, you really didn't have to." I say leaning on him, resting my head on his shoulder.
"I'm glad you liked it so much." He smiles.
"Hey Ash."
"Yes Lukey."
"Where's my present?"
"Close your eyes." He says and I obey.
We sit in silence before I feel something against my lips.
"Happy birthday." He whispers after pulling away and standing up.
"Ash." I stand up so I'm face to face with him.
"Yea Luke?"
I reconnect our lips and he's obviously shocked. After a moment he kisses me back wrapping his arms around my waist, and I wrap my arms around his neck, my fingers playing with the curls at the back of his head.
Ashton pulls back first and stares into my eyes.
"Luke."
"Yes Ashy."
"I really like you, like more than a friend."
"Well I figured that out." I chuckle.
I smile at him and pull him into a hug.
"I really like you too Ashton, like more than a friend." I say with a giggle at the end.
He just laughs and kisses my cheek.
"I think you missed my lips." I say and he just rolls his eyes.
"Such a hassle you are Hemmings." He laughs kissing my lips. He goes to pull back but I pull him closer to me, wrapping my arms around him again.
The kissing turns more passionate and heated by the second.
"How about we go have our own little private party?" Ash whispers in my ear.
"Took the words right out of my mouth." I smirk.

-----------
Part 2?