17

6pm

i sat down at a table on the rooftop bar with the girls. "so not only is this place totally packed, it's packed with celebrities." i said as i sat next in between shay and anaya.

"i know, right!" raelynn said with her eyes fixated on a table on the opposite side of the roofdeck with a group of guys. i looked over at the group of guys she was gawking at. i instantly recognized at least four celebrities amongst the men, which really wasn't surprising considering a lot of them are here for melody master awards which will be held tomorrow.

"how are things with you and steve?" i asked raelynn.

raelynn rolled her eyes and leaned her elbow on the table, her head resting on her fist. a sigh escaped her mouth as she spoke. "he's been hanging out with this other girl, but he swears they're just friends. it's really stressing me out. i don't know whether to trust him or not." she admitted.

"oh my god, really?" zoë said, her eyes widening as she reached over to grab raelynn's hand. "how did you find out about this?" she asked gently.

"well, last night when i went through his phone - i know i shouldn't of snooped - i discovered text messages between them that were pretty flirty and suggestive. but i confronted him about it and he dismissed it as playful banter." raelynn said, her voice full of disappointment.

"the worst thing a guy can do is play you" shay said while rolling her eyes. "i suggest you either set things straight, you know...create boundaries or it's time to move onto the next." she said while taking a sip from her colorful drink, shay always said the truth, whether we liked it or not.

raelynn nodded whilst listening to shay. it was clear from her expression that she'd already had a lot to think about regarding this situation. "yeah, you're right shay. i just don't know how to confront him when he always says i'm insecure or overreacting."

"you're not insecure and you're not overreacting. trust is important in a relationship and if there's no trust, it won't work." zoë said while giving raelynn a comforting pat on the shoulder.

from across the table i gave raelynn a nod and a soft smile. the waiter then walked over to us and asked me what kind of drink i'd like, since i had arrived late and everyone else was already sipping on their cocktails. "whatever she's having" i said as i pointed to a woman's table, she was sitting with a tall guy and she sipped on her cocktail as the two looked at the beach view ahead of them. the waiter nodded before walking away.

"that's olivia rodrigo" zoë whispered as she looked at the woman who i had previously pointed at.

"seriously?" i whisper yelled, receiving a nod from anaya. soon after my drink had arrived and the girls and i ordered, just as the waiter left with our orders i noticed olivia rodrigo and what looked to be louis partridge getting up from their chair, about to leave.

olivia glanced at me as she walked away, i gave her a soft smile to which she returned before she stopped in her tracks and walked over to me. "you're elaine, right?" internally i was screaming, even though i was a bit older than olivia i was fangirling.

"yeah, that's me! olivia, right?" i replied with a big smile.

she nodded. "i love your new song...numb. your vocals are out of this world." she said as she gave me a hug.

olivia's sincere compliment on my new song 'numb' made my heart skip a beat, and her tight embrace felt like a warm welcome from a friend i hadn't seen in a while. "thank you so much, olivia," i replied, my eyes lighting up with excitement. "to know that you like my music means a lot to me," i paused, then continued, "also, your album 'guts' is phenomenal. like, 'bad idea right?' is my anthem!"