05

"Oh– Jay. I uh I thought you weren't home?" I stuttered. 

"Well I am. Who do you got here." he asked and looked at Sanghoon.

"He's my friend. I went out with him earlier." I answered.

"Hey, Jay. I just wanted to drop off Irene." Sanghoon said.

"Well it looks like it's about time that Sanghoon will leave." Jay said.

"Yeah, I'll get going now. See you next time, Irene. Hope you had fun." he said and looked at Hay while saying the last sentence. He left right away after he said his last statements.

"So where were you, Irene?" he asked me.

I shrugged him off and walked to my room.

"I was asking you." he said and turned me around.

"Get off me. I was bored so I asked him to go out with me." I answered and pushes him.

"Why didn't you tell me? You didn't even bother answering my text." he said in anger. "Do you not remember, I am you fiancé." he added.

"In papers." I answered and went to my room.

What was he on about. I think he is forgetting that this is all a contract; plus he himself has a girlfriend. What was his deal?

I took a warm bath and drift off to sleep.

— next day

I woke up with my body aching everywhere.

I guess I was that tired from doing all the activities from yesterday.

"Good morning." someone opened my door and greeted.

"Oh, Jay. It's so early. Get a room." I said annoyed and put my blanket over my head.

"You have to get up. We have a meeting." he commanded.

"Meeting for what? It's only seven in the morning." I complained.

"Shut your whine-y ass and get up, Irene." he said and carried me into a standing position. I ended up tripping on my blanket. Fortunately, he was fast enough to grab me by my waist.

My eyes enlarged.

"That's what happens when you don't listen." he scolded and sat me on the bed.

"Shut up."

"Now get ready. We'll leave in an hour." he informed me and left my room.

As usual I got up and followed his commands. To be honest even though he annoys me most of the time, I like it when he reminds me of stuff and commands me.

— look book

"I'm done now

"I'm done now." I shouted across the house as I exit my door.

"Okay, just wait a little and we'll leave. I'll just give my girlfriend something." he said.

"Oh, we're coming over her place?" I asked him.

"No, she'll stop by here." he answered.

"Sure." I said and went to the kitchen try to look for a snack.

I grabbed some chips and returned to the sofa, sitting while eating and using my phone.

As soon as eight fifteen hit the clock the doorbell ring.

"Hey babe." Jay greeted her and hug.

"Well I guess seeing him do sweet and kind things towards another girl is weird." I thought to myself WHAT? NO! There's no way I feel this way about him.

I shrugged away my thoughts and stood up to greet her.

"Hi ..."

"My name's Ara." she said with a bold voice looking at me from head to toe. Which led me to change my mood towards her as well.

I was trying to be nice towards her, okay? She started it.

"Hi Ara." I greeted with a cold voice.

"Let's go, Ara. I'll give you the thing you needed." Jay broke the silence and held Ara's hand going to his room.

"Whatever." I thought.

After they finishes their thing in the room they returned to the living room.

"Wait for me, Ara. I have to go to the comfort room." Jay said.

"Okay baby." she said in response.

"Disgusting." I thought.

"You must be Irene?" she said as soon as Jay went put of the living room.

"I am, Jay's fiancee." I answered with a bitch-y smile.

"More like a forced marriage." she mocked.

"I guess you can put it that way." I answered.

"Don't you ever try to win his heart. He is mine." she stated with conviction. "I won't be scared to kill for him. Remember that." she added as a threat.

"We'll see." I answered and smirked.

"Let's go now, Ara? I'll bring you to your car now. Me and Irene need to go." Jay said and Ara stood up.

I waited for Jay to come back and as soon as he did we go right away to the office.

— time skip

"Irene hurry up." Jay said as he was walking in a fast pace.

"I'm trying. My body fucking hurts." I complained as I endure my body pain; it was not helping that I was wearing some heels too.

"Aish." he said and carried me.

"What are you doing? Put ne down." I whisper-shout at him as I didn't want to disturb anyone.

He carried me all the way to the door of the meeting room. As soon as we reached the door he put me down and fixed his suit.

"He looked handsome." I thought.

I blush with my thoughts.

"I look handsome aren't I?" he said. He held my hand which made me blush even more.

"No—" I wasn't able to finish my sentence when he opened the door to the meeting room.

"We're sorry we are late. There was a heavy traffic on the way here." Jay said and went towards our seat while holding hands.

"Oh that's why he held my hand. Just to show off to our parents." I thought. We let go of each other's hand and sat down.

"It's fine, you both are just right on time." Mrs. Park said.

"Today's meeting is just about you two's relationship." my mom said.

"We're just concerned that if one of you is in a relationship, your girlfriend or boyfirend might get jealous and one of you could get hurt physically." Mr. Park said.

"That's right – plus we are living in a small world. Hiring a killer is very easy nowadays." dad said.

"I suggest you guys should break up with your partners and focus more on each other." Mr. Park said.